Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For A Good Surround Speaker Setup For The Livingroom....

Jimlad

I used to have the logitech z680 Speakers a few years back.

I was also looking at the logitech Z-5450 and Z-5500.

5450 .... http://www.thetechzone.com/?m=show&id=449

5500 ..... http://www.thetechzone.com/?m=show&id=141&page=1

The 5450 has wireless rear Speakers which are an added benefit as I don't need to run cables, where the 5500 has a larger sub, with better base etc?!?

Both have optical inputs for my Sky+ and Xb0x360.

I was looking around at home theatre systems, but the majority are just standard DVD players without the ability to plug anything else into them, ie Xbox etc.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

how much you willing to spend jim? and what do you call good? do you want loud or loud with faithful source reproduction?

Although its not the route I chose, I recommend just aiming for something better than the present Speakers. It gets really expensive and very worrying really fast trying to get audiophile grade sound :(

a decent audio/visual reference monitor with appropriate Speakers is I have to admit worth having tho if you care about the noise infecting your brain :)

About £200 which is what both of the above cost.

Want something decent with good bass.

I know the logitech systems are both VERY good. Just wondering what else is out there.

For home surround system I considered one of the sony sets you can find in the argos... I'd heard one at a friends and I reckoned it was pretty good :)

but then I got a lil silly :rolleyes: dont ask.... just dont ask lmao my wallet still cries itself to sleep considering at the time I was thinking above 250 was getting a little ott lmao

The thing that I found with most home cinema systems that come with a DVD player is that you can't connect external deviced to it. Ie, Xbox 360 or Sky+.

I don't need a dvd player, I only need some good surround Speakers.

I was nearly going to buy the logitech 5450 Speakers with the wireless rear Speakers.

But I heard when on, it can degrade your wireless network in your house. Not massivley though, down to about 1meg.

Mmmm... actually after thinking, it's not gonna be a problem as the Xbox360 is connected to the router via cable, not wireless.

Think I'll go for the 5450, the sub on the logitech 5500 is just sooooo big. Don't know if I've got anywhere to hide it?! lol

Open to any other suggestions! :D

Cheers for the find. Any more, keep them coming. Gonna have a read of a review of the pioneer one.

Logitech still seems better tho, the 5450, just for the fact that I don't have to run wires to the rear Speakers. But the pioneer one does look good.

Still think it's between the two logitech speaker systems I originally posted.

I just don't know if...

a ) I have enough space for the huge sub of the 5500

b ) I can stand the trailing wires of the 5500

Still think it's between the two logitech speaker systems I originally posted.

I just don't know if...

a ) I have enough space for the huge sub of the 5500

Jim, stick a lamp and a plant on it and call it a coffee table ;)

Yeah!...

"honey... do you like the new table??" ....

that'll go down well!!

It's a big no no for the WAF!!!!!

(Wife Acceptance Factor)

Yes, my TV has speakers, but like most TVs the speakers are truly pap!

I'm with you on that one, when you hear a decent surround sound system its bloody awesome.

I think come January I'm gonna be getting P'd off looking for ways to get cables under laminate :unsure:

Does your TV not have speakers built in?

Can you not hear it?

Doreen

you dont seem to like technology

I'm with you on that one, when you hear a decent surround sound system its !Removed! awesome.

I think come January I'm gonna be getting P'd off looking for ways to get cables under laminate :unsure:

go around the room or use wireless.... or get a very large rug to cover the cables

I'm with you on that one, when you hear a decent surround sound system its bloody awesome.

go around the room or use wireless.... or get a very large rug to cover the cables

A couple of people I spoke to put me off wireless, so I dont know what to do :rolleyes:

Maybe wait till Jimlad does his then get an opinion.

ceiling speaker?

or something like this, will be using something like this soon

logics-soundstage-crave.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links