Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ahhhh Problem With Car!

jai2766

Iv got a problem with my 1995 mr2, it wont start properly and then has no power in the first 2500 rpm of every gear, if you let it fall below this it just stalls or attempts to stall, theres not the same power in the top end of the gears either? it feels restrictive, it was working fine yesterday morning, and occurred last night took?

Iv recently had the ECU, Distributer, and coil pack replaced about 3 months ago? i'v been having trouble with the exhast temperature light recently, which is either the CAT or sensor failing, could it be something to do with this?

has anyone got any ideas as to what it could be?

Cheers

J

Iv got a problem with my 1995 mr2, it wont start properly and then has no power in the first 2500 rpm of every gear, if you let it fall below this it just stalls or attempts to stall, theres not the same power in the top end of the gears either? it feels restrictive, it was working fine yesterday morning, and occurred last night took?

Iv recently had the ECU, Distributer, and coil pack replaced about 3 months ago? i'v been having trouble with the exhast temperature light recently, which is either the CAT or sensor failing, could it be something to do with this?

has anyone got any ideas as to what it could be?

Cheers

J

Is the Air Filter blocked?

not with anything visable that might have come in through the roof intake? i clean my K&N cone with an air compressor every time i self service the engine, which was last about a month ago? would it be worth doing this again to rule it out?

J

having read another current thread on here my consumption has been a little high recently and my exhausts are looking quite sooty, could this stuttering and spluttering of the engine be caused by a faulty oxygen sensor?

J

It may well be the case it makes the engine run like a bit of a dog and do really poor fuel consumption. It is also known as a lambda sensor which many people have changed.

I used to have a Volvo 340 that did this type of thing.... eventually found a breather block low down on the engine that had practically gummed closed due to nasty caked solidified black gunk. Not saying its this but are there any such blocks on the 2 that might be checkable for similar?

took the car to a mates garage last night, took all breather hoses off checking for leaks and blockages, and the intake cone and blew it out with a compressor, checked the CAT which seems to be ok-ish needs replacing sooner rather than later but shouldnt be causing any probs, are there any tests i can do on the oxy sensor to see if its the problem? or is it a case of change it and eliminate it as the problem? does anyone have any cheap mail order companys that have a quick delivery and decent stock levels?

J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links