Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Mmt -a Tipe How To Use It In Manuel Mode

auris2008

Hi

I got my Auris MMT in May and drove it about 8000 KM, testing any position using the mmt - mostly in M mode.

I love it , accept the problem that the MMT gearbox down to the first gear when the speed drop below 18KM/HOUR

Toyota must re-programming the gear software and lower the speed when the gear going down to 1st.

Now it is in 18 KM speed, which is too high, and it must be no more then 12KM.

I HOPE SOMEONE FROM TOYOTA IS READING THIS FORUM AND WILL RESPOND !!!.

Now I have a TIPE to all AURIS-MMT OWNERS:

There is a spcial mode in MMT - like "SNOW MODE" and we can use it in City-drive.

When you are in M mode - you can start in 2th gear ( NOT IN UP-HILL) using the paddle or the gear shift before start moving.

You will see the "M2".

Then after you start moving, you can even change to 3th if you over the 20-22KM .

If you will stay bellow 40KM[, When slowing down before lights or in a corner , the gearbox going down only to 2nd and will stay there = NOT GOING DOWN TO 1ST.

Then you can go-on again until 40KM and again slowing down.- the Limit to stay in this mode is 40KM.

IN this mode mmt will change only between 2th to 3th and to 2th. ( above the speed 40 KM -the mode is cancel)

Please try it and reply me how it goes.

I used it very offen and get the garentee word from our "Israel Toyota Office" that this is O.K. and without no damage at all.

Hi

I got my Auris MMT in May and drove it about 8000 KM, testing any position using the mmt - mostly in M mode.

I love it , accept the problem that the MMT gearbox down to the first gear when the speed drop below 18KM/HOUR

Toyota must re-programming the gear software and lower the speed when the gear going down to 1st.

Now it is in 18 KM speed, which is too high, and it must be no more then 12KM.

I HOPE SOMEONE FROM TOYOTA IS READING THIS FORUM AND WILL RESPOND !!!.

Now I have a TIPE to all AURIS-MMT OWNERS:

There is a spcial mode in MMT - like "SNOW MODE" and we can use it in City-drive.

When you are in M mode - you can start in 2th gear ( NOT IN UP-HILL) using the paddle or the gear shift before start moving.

You will see the "M2".

Then after you start moving, you can even change to 3th if you over the 20-22KM .

If you will stay bellow 40KM[, When slowing down before lights or in a corner , the gearbox going down only to 2nd and will stay there = NOT GOING DOWN TO 1ST.

Then you can go-on again until 40KM and again slowing down.- the Limit to stay in this mode is 40KM.

IN this mode mmt will change only between 2th to 3th and to 2th. ( above the speed 40 KM -the mode is cancel)

Please try it and reply me how it goes.

I used it very offen and get the garentee word from our "Israel Toyota Office" that this is O.K. and without no damage at all.

dont seam to be able to select this snow mode, but will keep on trying this, sounds good in theory though.

hi konakid

To select this mode is very simple :

1. when you are stoping in a light or in a slow traffic or before start moving - move to M mode with your gear's stick.

2. push the stick down ( "+" position) and you will see " M2 " in the display = it means that you are now in the 2th gear.

you can also do it with the wheel padel "+".

3. start moving like normal.

4. if you running over 18KM/h or 20KM - you can move up now to the 3th gear. (saving fuel)

5. if you stay below 40 KM/H ,

this mode will holding, and when you slow down , the gear will change (auto) back to 2th but will stay there until you fully stop.

6. then again you can start in 2th without do noting .

7. you can also move up to 4th if you are over 35KM/H in a gently driving.

8. pay attantion-if you over 40KM/H = this mode is off now, and u will reach the 1th gear when slowing down.

9. pay attantion = not to do it with 3-4 mans in your car and not in up-hill to avoide heater the clutch too much-

the "warrning MMT" gear's light will start blinking.

I hope it will help you and the other owners AURIA-MMT in this forum.

let me know if now it is O.K. :lol:

hi konakid

To select this mode is very simple :

1. when you are stoping in a light or in a slow traffic or before start moving - move to M mode with your gear's stick.

2. push the stick down ( "+" position) and you will see " M2 " in the display = it means that you are now in the 2th gear.

you can also do it with the wheel padel "+".

3. start moving like normal.

4. if you running over 18KM/h or 20KM - you can move up now to the 3th gear. (saving fuel)

5. if you stay below 40 KM/H ,

this mode will holding, and when you slow down , the gear will change (auto) back to 2th but will stay there until you fully stop.

6. then again you can start in 2th without do noting .

7. you can also move up to 4th if you are over 35KM/H in a gently driving.

8. pay attantion-if you over 40KM/H = this mode is off now, and u will reach the 1th gear when slowing down.

9. pay attantion = not to do it with 3-4 mans in your car and not in up-hill to avoide heater the clutch too much-

the "warrning MMT" gear's light will start blinking.

I hope it will help you and the other owners AURIA-MMT in this forum.

let me know if now it is O.K. :lol:

Thanks for this yes i have tried this and can see that it works at low speed, but most of the driving here in the UK is way above 40km (24mph) as people dont tend to stick to the 40mph speed limits and my usual journey to work and back is down county lanes, little bit of motorway then side streets.

My new driving style is to use the Auto override. I have tried this for the last week and it is starting to feel good. In E mode (not ES) drive the car as you would do a normal Auto but when you need to override this with the Paddle shift do so. You still have to dip the accelerator as you would to with the M mode but it also allows you to pre select 2nd gear when cornering, it has a slight delay on the override so this keeps it in 2nd for the corner rather than going down to 1st...

Let me know what you think...

PS: People reading these comments about the MMt as negative and a warning please dont, this new gearbox is fun to drive and its all about re-educating your driving style !

hi konakid

It is clear that driving below 40KM in not in the highway but when you start driving from home and you have many corners and lights and u must pay att. to kids crossing your way.

i don't anderstand how you , when driving in E mode, forced the MMT not to go down to 1th but stay in 2th even if u slow down below 18KM?

Please write it down step by step - as i did in the case of the M mode before.

i did send u a message - pl. read it and respond to my box.

thanks.

b.s.

As u ,I also like the MMT very much - but used it 99% of the time, in M mode - not becuse i don't now how to drive in E mode. The main resone is becuse i don't like auto gear at all - even hate it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links