Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1996 Toyota Paseo Radiator

GT-

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, so I hope you'll forgive my first post being a bit of a needy one! :D

As per the thread title I have a 1996 Toyota Paseo on which I'm needing to have to change the radiator.

Although I am semi-mechanically minded, I have never worked on a Toyota engine before!

An initial glance suggests I feel confident to change the radiator myself, rather than pay dealer prices, but I wouldn't mind some form of guide or manual to read through before I start taking bits apart.

Haynes (for all their sins) was my first port of call, but they don't seem to do one. I've seen the 1.5 engine suggested as fitted to the Starlet as well, but they don't seem to do a manual for one of those, either.

Can anyone offer me any help or advice about what is involved in changing this, or suggest where some more techniccally related information could be found? I'd rather not start taking bits apart and find myself a little stuck with the repair, as in the past I've found that although a job seems quite simple, there is always that odd bit that has poor access or requires some kind of special tool in order to complete the job.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

Many thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Got my rad sat behind me did it today.

its so easy to do. First remove the little plug at the bottom of the rad and let it drain, then remove the top water line. just a screw to loosen the clip, after that remove the fan plug (Sits to the right of the fan, under the battery). Next you need to take off the 2 brackets along the top of the rad holding it down, the pull the rad up SLOWLY careful not to touch anything and split it. Finally remove the bottom water line the same as the top and then you're done.

Mike

spot on Mike. You beat me to it.

just take your time and it's all very straight forward.......There's plenty of room under the Seo bonnets so it's all fairly easy !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links