Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Digital Camera

SMW

I'm buying Mrs SMW a digital camera for Xmas.

I've tried researching on line and have finally come up with the model which I think suits her needs (basically point and shoot snaps with the ability to get a bit more advanced later if I want).

Of course on line research is no substitute for someone actually owning and using a camera day to day so if you have the model I am thinking of I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

If you don't have this model but you are an enthusiast anyway would also be interested to hear your views.

SONY DSC P72

Pic and Spec

Can't knock a Sony digital camera, but personally would and have gone for a Canon Digital......

As you are in Cheshunt and not far from Harlow I am going to tell you to check the following website as they are a pro-imaging outlet in riverway, Harlow and will beat any price you can find for what you want. They stock Canon, nikon, sony, Apple....so you will find what you want here. I get all my pro camera gear from them and they KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

www.ajpurdy.co.uk

Gordy.

Gordy (or anyone) can you recomend a sub £150 digital camera?

I'm after one where I can still have some control over the image, I'm used to an SLR, not just a point & shoot but I also want the best quality image for the money! :bookworm:

Cheers!

Si - Under £150 you are gonna find it hard to get a quality camera or a great image.

With digital it is better to stick to established brands and pay a little more than buy cheap on-the-bandwagon junk that is mostly gimmick.

Try and get a few more £££ and go for a canon or nikon etc......

There is an olympus for £170 that has 3.2mega pixels. Model number C350.

Try internetcamerasdirect.co.uk

G.

Gordy

Thanx.

Prices on their site are quite a bit higher than others I have found (well not much in the camera but quite a bit on the memory card) - will they price match ?

Appreciate your fast response anyway.

BTW - Good luck 4 Sunday.

With the greatest respect to Gordy's abilities and knowledge, I have to say my Olympus gives fine piccies, obviously not as good as the monster Gordy is wielding in his avatar but I paid £150 for mine and the pics are fine for viewing on the PC and provided you keep to sensible sizes prints look quite good.

My camera and memory card probably cost less all in than Gordy's does to insure...............

My view on cameras is, what am I likely to be using it for, if I want to be able to carry it around with me and not be too heart broken if it gets lost or pinched then 150 is more than enough.

If I want portraits I go to my mate who has a rather nice Nikon, he does a similar job to GP :yes:

I found this, this is very nearly the same as mine except mine came with an 8meg card

http://www.espotting.dealtime.co.uk/xPF-Ol...s_Camedia_C_120

I paid a bit more than that :wacko:

Got the girly an olympus camedia C150 off Amazon, spent hours looking around the net, it was a close tie between that one and a fujipix, opted for the olympus cos it looked dead simple point and click. got a free case as well (free=more presents to rap=bigger pile on the day!). :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links