Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

James May To Leave Top Gear?

Red Yaris 54

I have heard that James May will be quitting the Top Gear programme later in 2008 and it is roumored that his replacement presenter will be Sabine Schmitz the German lady who took the Ford Transit round the Nurbergring at breakneck speed and made Jeremy Clarksons attempt in the diesel powered Jaguar seem slow.

Sabine has built up a reputation as the Rings "Taxi Driver" and has appeared on German television as a presenter, so is well qualified to join the Top Gear team.

It was once believed that she was "The Stig"....................I wonder?? ;) :unsure:

I've heard this rumour before. But i doubt very much there is any truth to it. Its a long way for Sabine to commute to work.

Although i think she was indeed the Stig on one show as i remember the Stig seemed to have a rack....

Its a long way for Sabine to commute to work.

Won't take her long. :)

I heard from a usually reliable source that one was leaving next year, and May would probably be the most likely contender; shame though, he's a star. But I guess they have to change the formula from time to time to keep it fresh, and Sabine would be a good replacement.

I have heard that James May will be quitting the Top Gear programme later in 2008 and it is roumored that his replacement presenter will be Sabine Schmitz the German lady who took the Ford Transit round the Nurbergring at breakneck speed and made Jeremy Clarksons attempt in the diesel powered Jaguar seem slow.

Sabine has built up a reputation as the Rings "Taxi Driver" and has appeared on German television as a presenter, so is well qualified to join the Top Gear team.

It was once believed that she was "The Stig"....................I wonder?? ;) :unsure:

This has been floating around for a while...James may leaving that is....Sabine is an outstanding driver...but the Stig rumours are just that...There's no way she is the Stig...they would not let any old driver into an F1 car...and she ain't that driver...Stig is one of the many test drivers for the F1 teams...Who...well we're have to keep guessing....

Having Sabine on the TG team will be great...and show JC really how to drive and cornering cars around thier track.......

I think it would be great to have a woman on the TG team (someone who's not that annoying Vicky Butler Henderson!) however the Sabine rumours been running round for ages.... as great as she'd be I just don't think it'd actually happen...

Will miss James May though if he is leaving....

The current Stig is many people (see report from Enquiry into Hammond's crash if you want to know who it usually is - initials BC).

Even BC wasn't allowed to drive the F1 car; that was the Renault Test driver.

The current Stig is many people (see report from Enquiry into Hammond's crash if you want to know who it usually is - initials BC).

Even BC wasn't allowed to drive the F1 car; that was the Renault Test driver.

BC?

Top Gear without Captain Slow? That will be well weird :D I do always laugh at the fact that he drives a Fiat Panda when he could afford something a bit fancier!

I had no idea there were any rumours going around that he might be leaving..... :unsure:

I'd rather see hammond leave over May.

• 3 weeks later...
If BC really is the Stig....

bristol_bencollins.jpg

He's cute! ;) :D

If you ever see the TG episode where they play football with Aygos Ben is introduced as one of the drivers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links