Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

17""

chrisb

does anyone have seventeens on their yaris???

if so could u tell me what work needed doing to get them on and what sorta price it is?

I've got 17's on my Yaris T-Sport and no work was needed at all...the cars not lowered apart from the factory standard 20mm. I want to go lower but think the arches need work and I was quoted 25 quid per arch....

So you've had no problems at all with having 17s on...? As I was considering it, but didn't want to have any kind of friction problems or turning circle reduction. What tyres have you got with them Nash?

Cheers

Pav

Pav, I've got 205/45/17 Falkern tyres...there slighty angled on the tyre wall reducing the chance of any rubbing....I've had full lock on and didnt have problem....the only time i had a problem was when I had 4 of my slighty larger mates in the car....everytime i went round a bend at over 30 mph I couldd here the tyres against the arch....not a nice sound!!! :ph34r:

ps your headlight conversion looks quality...how much was it?? :thumbsup:

Hey Nash - good to know about rims, as have started to fancy something a little bigger than 15s, but was never sure about 17s really - they look a lot nicer, but I don't want anything that's gonna slightly ruin my driving experience, if you know what i mean?! Maybe 16s is as big as I'd go.

My lights are by Morette, and you can buy them through Demon Tweeks for about 350quid - if you're handy at fitting things yourself, then you'll save another 150quid that I paid for fitting...!

They look cool, and quite individual (so long as too many people don't buy them!!)

Cheers

Pav

ive got 17's and 60mm drop, my back arches are rolled and the front had all the dirtsheilds and bumper mounts relocated!

:blink:

I think you're ok on standard suspension with 17's.

but when you're dropping your car into the ground like jaxx u need serious work on the arches etc  :lol:

Cheers guys

do u recon 17 look better than 16s and do they effect handling atall???

iv got a yaris SR can u see a problem getting them on there?

i also heard changing the diameter of the wheel affects the speedo as its a larger circumference do u know whether this is dramatic and if so where i can get the speedo recalibrated?

cheers!!

The speedo reading wrong is the least of your worries. If you choose the wrong size tyres the gearing will be affected which will affect acceleration, economy etc.

Fortunately its possible to get tyres for 17's thatclosely match the rolling radius and therefore overall size of the original tyres...

What tyres have you got at the moment?

ive got aftermarket 15's at the mo and 20 mm drop off a t-sport and if ive got 4 in the car and go over speed bumps 2 quick i.e 20+ it rubs but im guessin its cuz ive got 15x7's or sumthing cuz surely they cant be 6" wide and rub?

ive got aftermarket 15's at the mo and 20 mm drop off a t-sport and if ive got 4 in the car and go over speed bumps 2 quick i.e 20+ it rubs but im guessin its cuz ive got 15x7's or sumthing cuz surely they  cant be 6" wide and rub?

I would imagine its because you havent heard that you're meant to slow down for speed ramps...

20+mph is a bit quicker than you should be driving over them, considering they are usually placed to limit your speed to something of that order between them... :wacko:

With a set of 205/40/17 tyres on (these are by far the most common and therefore cheapest size) you'll have a slightly larger overall wheel size, with a diameter of 595.8mm as opposed your original wheels 576mm.

The difference is 3.4%. i.e, assuming your speedo was deadly accurate to start with (it wont be!) when you're travelling at what your speedo says is 60 mph, your actual speed will be 62.1mph.

Cheers mate

not much difference then (although if my speedo is not spot on anyway then it could just make the difference)do u know whether it will affect handling?can u still get full lock?acceleration time?

cheers

As the overall wheel size remains roughly the same, lock will remain unaffected.

Acceleration will take a small knock though. 17's are heavier than your standard rims, and thus they will make a small difference. How much depends uponj the wheel and how you drive the car, you may never even notice.

i noticed a tad decrease in acceleration but then thats an easy sacrifice for the looks!

:thumbsup:

i noticed a tad decrease in acceleration but then thats an easy sacrifice for the looks!

Well once I've come around and pinched your wheels and replaced them with mine you'll be quick again :P

jerry!!

:(

aww leave me alone i cant sleep at nite and live in constant fear of returning to the car up on bricks

:lol:

:(

aww leave me alone i cant sleep at nite and live in constant fear of returning to the car up on bricks

:lol:

I also hate that feeling.....

.... it was bad enough that some little !Removed! thought it was OK to take my valve caps to make his bmx look nicer :angry:

that totally happened to me Dan, last christmas when my Dad got me some nice silver ones... :arrgg-matey: thieving pikeys with nice bmx's!! LOL

Pav

im doing really well with my current valve caps ive had them about a month!

more concerned if they scratch my 'loys when the theive them!

come an meet mister 2 by 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links