Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Wiring Mess Fog And Horn

WildmanMob

My Mr2 1991 Japanese import has loads of wires under the dash, under steering wheel. I found a loose connection for front two fog lights and have got them working, but I dont think I have a rear fog light and need to know how to fit one. there is a switch next to the front fog switch on the dash but nothing is connected. It has a weird connection.

:wacko:

Also, I took off the after market steering wheel because the horn does not work. there is no wire under the wheel. I looked in the frunk fuse box under the bonnet and wiggled the horn fuse and it was loud, so it works, but it needs to be wired up to the wheel some how.

I can't seem to attach photos to this so will add a link.

:blink:

Is there anyone who could look at it?

For picture, see: www.willustration.co.uk/mr2wires.htm.

Surely there must have been a rear fog at some point because they are required for import approval.

Have you checked that the rear lights haven't been wired to provide a fog in the standard rear cluster. If not it probably had a seperate fog which may have been removed, but the wiring may still be there.

Failing that, you should find out what you need to know by browsing or searching the MR2 thread - there was a similar question about wiring an MR2 fog very recently, though unfortunately searching doesn't work too well with terms of 3 letters or fewer.

Please check out the photo's I have done. I hope they make sense. :crybaby:

www.willustration.co.uk/mr2wires.htm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links