Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Push Button Start - Without Starting Engine

OldSkoO1

Whether this is common knowledge or even correct i dont know

By accident today i tried to start my car but managed to get the ignition on without starting the engine. I managed this but the usual, foot on the clutch push button, release clutch before engine comes to life - result, ignition comes on, full access to radio and other electronics etc.

Whether this is ok for the car i dont know as it doesnt seem to say in the manual. Just thought i'd post.

By accident today i tried to start my car but managed to get the ignition on without starting the engine. I managed this but the usual, foot on the clutch push button, release clutch before engine comes to life - result, ignition comes on, full access to radio and other electronics etc.

Whether this is ok for the car i dont know as it doesnt seem to say in the manual. Just thought i'd post.

I've seen posts here before which indicate that this is a design feature; i.e. this is the way you get the accessory circuits on without the engine.

Just tried it and it works.

Normal operation is as follows: First press of start button with foot off clutch enables "Accessories" ie audio equipment and electric mirrors etc. Second press with foot off clutch switches on ignition only (Engine off) with all associated functions ie electric windows, climate control, Dashboard instruments etc. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links