Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cold Cathode, Neon, Or Led

vmail

Hi, what is the best lighting(indoor), Cold Cathode, Neon, or LED

I dont thing 12v LEDs are bright enough

I had a Max Power Neon in my old car, wasnt the bright and didnt last long, oh and got a shock from it

Ive got Cold Cathode on my PC with no probs, so will that be the best option

Also what colour is the best for a silver yaris

well ye as you saidcold cathodes are definately the brightest. only problem with them is that they are extremely fragile.

I've done neons in mine, go for stree glow neons, they're top quality and will lastvery long...i havent had trouble with mine yet.

as for LEDs they're useful for plces where neon wont fit.

oh and colour...hmm blue? white maybe? have u got any other colours in the car, i dunno the seats or the steareo lights ....try keep a colour theme.

good luck :thumbsup:

here are some pic of what i mean, my spider downloaded em, the guy says that his camera does not take photos properly in the dark, liar. He's using Neons, they dont look that good.

footwells.JPGfootwelldriver.jpg

footwellpassenger.jpg

bothfootwells.jpg

P1010024.jpg

well ye as you saidcold cathodes are definately the brightest. only problem with them is that they are extremely fragile.

I've done neons in mine, go for stree glow neons, they're top quality and will lastvery long...i havent had trouble with mine yet.

as for LEDs they're useful for plces where neon wont fit.

oh and colour...hmm blue? white maybe? have u got any other colours in the car, i dunno the seats or the steareo lights ....try keep a colour theme.

good luck  :thumbsup:

there are no colour themes in the car yet, I know thay are fragile, but thes ones have an extra plactic see-through cover, the blue is slightly different, here is a pic of my PC

UV (looks Purple)

IMG00052.JPG

Blue & Red

IMG00053.JPG

With these Cold Cathode, I can have 4 lights on one circuit, the main box has a ON-OFF-FLASH-SOUND_ACTIVATION switch and two outputs to transformers, these transformers also have two output for the Cold Cathodes

Would a mixed colour option look good, just incase they haven't got 4 of the same colour in stock?

ye as i said before...cathodes are MUCH brighter.

as for colours i'd personally stick to one colour, personal taste though.

there are a few pics of mine on my sounddomain page (link in sig), check em out.

***** just realized that they run on 5volts and not 12volts, what would be the best option to solve the problem (could stick 2 cathods in series so they both run on 6volts)

i used some cold cathodes in my install and YES thy are fragile cos i managed to snap them!

idioto!

as for the 5v thing the ones i used had there own separte voltage regulator that came with them to plug into and happily ran off the 12v car system

hmmm, they run on 5 and 12 volts, just need to sort the back ones out

damm they are a bit too bright, you can see them from outside, might get pulled.

Can only find one place to put the 30cm tube on the passenger side, cos the ECU is in the way, might have to stick it to the carpet

its dead, all 4 tubes are off, gonna av to check it in the morning

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links