Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Premium Fuel

aurismmt

Hi everyone...

I have had my Auris 1.6 T-Spirit for a couple of weeks.

I just wondered if anyone had noticed a difference in performance between regular unleaded and premium unleaded? Do you think premium fuel is worth it in the Auris?

Never really noticed any difference between fuels in any of my toyotas i've had apart from the compressor.

I fuel my T180 diesel with Shell everytime. Oil still looks pretty good after nearly 7k miles. I even used diesel vpower for a while. No real difference but i was prepared to pay the extra to benefit from the additional additives to help break down deposits and to burn cleaner leaving less unburnt fuel particles to contaminate the oil which can lead up to overworked fuel filters.... which then lead to problems all round.

At the end of the day Shell fuel petrol or diesel; i've used both significantly, is the best you can fuel your car with. Think of it like a person, feed it well and its insides should stay cleaner and healthier than if you fed it supermarket fuel.

You will not notice a performance difference in a 1.6 with any premium fuel. Some ECU's like in a supercharged t-sport or a impreza turbo map the engine according to the octane rating of the fuel but anything less like a standard petrol engine will not benefit performance wise.

You will benefit from the additives but the difference between vpower and standard is not night and day.

You will get better MPG between fuels. BP normally gives good MPG returns but i keep coming back to Shell as the best all round performance against cost.

I think i'm right in saying that the majority of base mixtures for fuels sold in britain come from the same source and then each company filters and adds additives into the mix before shipping. Shell and BP i'm sure do most mixing and filtration themslves and supermarkets are just branded fuel and mixing is dealt 3rd party.

Also - i'd probably go as far as saying Shell basic petrol or diesel can almost be classed as premium fuel when compared with supermarket fuel.

Some supermarkets can keep low prices by buying fuel wich contains more organic adds (like Asda). Fuel is cheaper but usually you get lower milage on it.

And I still remember the case with "blowed up" lambda sensors in cars on Tesco/Morrisons petrol.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links