Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Newbie

peterlomas

i,m thinking about buying a 1993 mr2 gt , any info on problems , servicing and petrol consumtion would be much appreciated, always liked the look of these cars and have decided to do something about it , thanks

i have had 2, there easy to drive, very relyable. good on the fual (its all relitive) cheep to insure (again, reletive to age ect) i never done any servicing. its usaly done by friends or famly. there cheep for bits and there are plenty of them getting broke for bits on eBay

how old are you out of interest? because they are still group 17 also be aware that they are incredibly impractical cars to own. im lucky that my partner is willing to use her car to do all the donkywork and allows me to have a "fun car" if you have to use your car for work. or spend a lot of time in it on motor ways. avoid a MR2....

I somehow don't think the insurance point you raised is going to be a problem for him. ;)

But with regard to practicality I'd add that for a sports car the MR2 Mk2 is incredibly practical. Compared, for example, to the Mk3 the boot is huge. I can get a full set of golf clubs and a fold up trolley in there and I can't think of another car of its type that that applies to. And there's extra space in the front storage compartment. Win!

Sorry no idea of petrol consumption. I think it's probably 30 ish, but I don't really measure it, and I imagine it varies according to how you drive.

No problems ever with mine apart from a new Battery, tyres etc from time to time; though it's incredibly low mileage (about 2K per annum average).

compared to a normal car? but your right there not bad for a sports car. fual... about 32mpg but that depends on your driving

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links