Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Wheels Or Upgrade Tyre?

UKDM323

New wheels or upgrade current tyres?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. what would you do?

• Change/upgrade tyres on current wheels
    • Buy new wheels bit sooner than intended

Not sure if this meant to be in this topic, do move it if it snt meant to be here.

Eventually i be upgrading to new wheels(from current 16 to 17s) maybe in spring season my orignal plan but seems like the front tyres wheel need changing in 2 months time maybe bit longer so would you replace tyres for time being or buy get new set of wheels bit sooner? i only ask for opinion since theres obviously a big price difference in buying new set of tyres & new set of wheels & got to use money for other stuff car & non car related so yeah could say on budget atm but maybe able to scrape through between now & nxt month if i was to consider some new wheels bit sooner than spring! Also according to a garage the wheels need slight refurbishing one day if not now but thats unnoiticeable anyway but i wont be getting that done so thats another reason to get new set sooner?

Decisions......

Feedback apprieciated

Thanks

False economy spending £120+ on tyres now when they are coming off in a couple of months. Its £120+ less you can spend on your Wheels!

Why not rotate the tyres on the car, swap the fronts to the back, to gain even wear accross all four. If the fronts are wearing quicker. This could prolong the interval between this set and the next, thus... An economic solution :P

Buy a set of my T Sport alloys which have new Pirelli's already fitted, bargain price too! :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yeah know what u guys mean, original plan is to buy some wheels in spring but dont think the original tyres can hold out till then but maybe just maybe if i swap the front ones to back & vice versa.... which i done before on a prevoius car so yea i do that, parts king: i would buy t sport wheels but want something different, im always like that if i to buy new wheels i want different set, wouldnt buy same set 2nd time round & same with cars my nxt one wouldnt be a corolla as much as i love the car!!

My mind is more less made up reallly jst dont wanna buy new tyres & then later on buy set of wheels, its either one or the other!! & damm road tax renewal is end of month! :rolleyes: so need to think of a way round this to save money!!!

Buy some 33" Muds...

Less likely to get stuck :P

Plus I don't think its been done before :P

Buy some 33" Muds...

Less likely to get stuck :P

Plus I don't think its been done before :P

Hmm i think i made my mind up now anyway jst need to scrape through by buying some wheels bit earlier than intened, jst looked through your site, nice! i take your 2.0 twin turbo JDM supra aerotop if your to sell it,lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links