Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Light

samsite999

Ok, this is annoying me now. The oil light keeps on commig on intermitntly. and its got oil! I toped it up and it went off for a wile. But now its comming back on when im sat ideling. If i go around a corner or aceletate. It goes off.

I have been keeping a very close eye on the levels of fluids. The car has lost none! the oil had acutaly gone up because i toped it up. the coolent is fine

Im confused to what it could be

Any help would be great

Sam

there is a oil sender in your sump, my plug actually broke and i had to bodge it up to stay in there, now oil light is fine

is on the right side of your sump just check maybe it is loose

could be due to oil leaks maybe aswell, and low oil pressure, also check wiring to the oil sender as mine went brittle and broke lol so that may be worth checking

Could be a number of things.

Is it an oil level warning light or oil pressure warning light?

Faulty sender:

The sender usually only registers when oil pressure drops to around 9/10 psi so any fluctuation caused by surge or when on tick over will show up once the oil is warm.

The other problem can be a worn engine :(

When the engine is cold the oil is thicker and all moving parts a little tighter, the warmer it gets the thinner the oil and the wider the tolerances, the only sure way of checking would be a pressure gauge so you can see what it is actually running at (anywhere between 60/80 psi (check manufacture))

Les

its a low oil level, not the presure level. I just checked. its probably no cause for consurn. but i wanted to be sure

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links