Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pre Registered Cars

Hudders

I have just bougtht a new Auris and got a fair discount as it was pre registered.

I was fine about that as the Toyota garage said they would be registered as the first owner.

The log book has just arrived an the car is registered to a !Removed! lease/fleet company

Any one else had this problem?

Any advice on what I should do as clearly the car has be misdescribed

:angry:

Speak to the sales manager and dealer principle and tell them that the car has been mis-described.

Also take it up with Toyota GB customer service department and log an oficial complaint about the dealership.

You probably will not be able to get a refund but more than likely you will get a some money back, or free servicing or some sort of freebie.

Good Luck

To be honest your not going to have a leg to stand on, if the car was sold as pre-registered it would be common sense to realise that that the car had already been registered and as such it would be imposisble for you to be the first registered owner.

Although the garage should have made that clear a decent lawyer which the garage are bound to have would not be able to help at all...

Saying that if you got the discount you described then the monetary losses between resale value of a pre-reg and a new car will be considerably less.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

To be honest your not going to have a leg to stand on, if the car was sold as pre-registered it would be common sense to realise that that the car had already been registered and as such it would be imposisble for you to be the first registered owner.

Although the garage should have made that clear a decent lawyer which the garage are bound to have would not be able to help at all...

Saying that if you got the discount you described then the monetary losses between resale value of a pre-reg and a new car will be considerably less.

Thanks for that - I think you may have misunderstood.

I knew it was a pre reg - its just the garage lied about themselves being the first owner.

And the discounted price is all that can be expected for what is technically a second hand car!

I knew it was a pre reg - its just the garage lied about themselves being the first owner.

And the discounted price is all that can be expected for what is technically a second hand car!

If the garage lied about who was the first owner unfortunately it's your word against their's and if there a big enough group I would imagine their legal team would give you no leg to stand on...

It sounds like garages like that are the ones which give us all a bad name in the industry!

Sorry...

If the garage lied about who was the first owner unfortunately it's your word against their's and if there a big enough group I would imagine their legal team would give you no leg to stand on...

It sounds like garages like that are the ones which give us all a bad name in the industry!

Sorry...

I should be ok as had a witness and the garage have admitted thats what they said - I have passed the case on to traiding standards as RRG give me stock answers about pre regisstering practice.

Thanks for your advice

I'm slightly confused, you knew it was a pre-registered car but are upset because the first owner is not who you thought it was?

It's still a new car, and you're still the second owner is it really worth the hassle of involving Trading Standards over this?

I'd be more tempted to demand some free servicing/accessories from the dealer to be honest.

Hudders issue is that he knew the car was pre-registered, and the company said it would be in their name, however the log book says the first owner was a lease company and not the said garage name. This is common practice for large groups who register masses of cars at the month end to reach target. Lets say they register 50 cars, at a cost of 15K per car, thats 750K of cash the company has to find in order to buy the cars. So what happens is they are registered to a lease company and the dealer pays so much per month, nothing illegal, just upsetting for you that this was not made clear to you. I wouldnt be hung up over what name is on the vehicle reg document, you could prove that you bought the car very soon after registration date and that you are the second owner. A pre-reg is a used car no matter how you look at it and you paid a used price (or call it a discount off list price, it amounts to the same thing) You were the first driver of the car so it wasnt as if it was ragged about by all and sundry before you got it

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm slightly confused, you knew it was a pre-registered car but are upset because the first owner is not who you thought it was?

It's still a new car, and you're still the second owner is it really worth the hassle of involving Trading Standards over this?

I'd be more tempted to demand some free servicing/accessories from the dealer to be honest.

I ahve had no joy from the garage - I am cheesed with them as they mislead me about the previous owner (they said it was them). Having a car registered to a garage is in my opinion ok. Having it registered (and for all the next buyer knows - used for 3 months) by a fleet / lease company is not.

They misrepreseted the sale and despite addmitting so are not doing anything about it - thats what has bugged me!

Hudders issue is that he knew the car was pre-registered, and the company said it would be in their name, however the log book says the first owner was a lease company and not the said garage name. This is common practice for large groups who register masses of cars at the month end to reach target. Lets say they register 50 cars, at a cost of 15K per car, thats 750K of cash the company has to find in order to buy the cars. So what happens is they are registered to a lease company and the dealer pays so much per month, nothing illegal, just upsetting for you that this was not made clear to you. I wouldnt be hung up over what name is on the vehicle reg document, you could prove that you bought the car very soon after registration date and that you are the second owner. A pre-reg is a used car no matter how you look at it and you paid a used price (or call it a discount off list price, it amounts to the same thing) You were the first driver of the car so it wasnt as if it was ragged about by all and sundry before you got it

Nothing I have has a record that the car only had 12 miles on when I bought it.

The only time mileage is recorded is at the 1st MOT in 3 years time. So how will the next seller know it didnt do 5000 miles before I bought it and 'ragged' it!?

A letter from a dealer is easily cut and pastable and I have official no proof (log bog) to prove such.

AND to top it off the cheeky garage signed me up for toyota club membership based on the pre reg date so I lost 3 months!

The only time mileage is recorded is at the 1st MOT in 3 years time. So how will the next seller know it didnt do 5000 miles before I bought it and 'ragged' it!?

A letter from a dealer is easily cut and pastable and I have official no proof (log bog) to prove such.

AND to top it off the cheeky garage signed me up for toyota club membership based on the pre reg date so I lost 3 months!

What happened to your bill of sale, why hasnt that got a mileage on it? It should have, and if it hasnt, get it sorted with the purchase mileage on it

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to your bill of sale, why hasnt that got a mileage on it? It should have, and if it hasnt, get it sorted with the purchase mileage on it

Have finally sorted out this issue - got a letter stating mileage and 3 year service plan paid for - seems a satisfactory solution

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links