Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Speakers Do I Need

beckham07

Hello

I have a buzzing noise which is coming from the right side passanger door speaker. I feel this will need replacing now, does anyone know the size of the speaker needed ? also I was thinking of getting an all-round better sound system anyway and was wondering if anyone know what sizes I can fit behind the Seats :unsure: any help would be great ;)

Hello

I have a buzzing noise which is coming from the right side passanger door speaker. I feel this will need replacing now, does anyone know the size of the speaker needed ? also I was thinking of getting an all-round better sound system anyway and was wondering if anyone know what sizes I can fit behind the Seats :unsure: any help would be great ;)

Have you already got the Active speaker system in the small boxes behind the seats, or are you planning on adding Speakers there?

Or do you mean in an enclosure above those boxes?

Is your car a t-bar or a coupe?

My car is a G Limited hard top not a Tbar, I meant to add other Speakers appart from the ones I have in the box behind the seats, Secondly I understand that the depth of the speaks is also quite important as the more powerful the voltage the bigger the magnet, Do you what sizes I may need to look out for please? I hope this helps though............. :thumbsup:

My car is a G Limited hard top not a Tbar, I meant to add other speakers appart from the ones I have in the box behind the seats, Secondly I understand that the depth of the speaks is also quite important as the more powerful the voltage the bigger the magnet, Do you what sizes I may need to look out for please? I hope this helps though............. :thumbsup:

Thought it was probably a Coupe; not sure if the G-Limited was available as a T-Bar.

But I asked because of course adding a bigger speaker behind the seats leaves nowhere to store the glass panels on the T-Bar.

Anyway, your first issue, if you have the active system, is going to be whether to remove that completely as part of this. Most people seem to do that when upgrading because it's complex to add extra stuff to the existing installation.

Voltage not really the issue - current (and therefore wattage) is. Bigger Speakers need a bigger amp to drive them without distortion.

Sorry, not sure on speaker sizes, but no doubt someone will be able to advise soon. Or you'll find lots of info on this in other threads if you do a search.

If you are going to do the amps thing make sure your Speakers are approximately 30% higher W than the amp puts out to them to minimize any chance of blowing them really easilly :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links