Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking To Buy An Imported Glanza

john brennan

hello my names john and ive just joined this fourum. i was looking advice on buying a glanza 1.3 turbo. im 17 and live in northern ireland and at the minute i drive a modified polo but it is dead as ubik for a 1.4. as i am only 17 i can afford a quick car but the 1.3 turbo insurance is cheaper than my polos but £600. i was just wondering how much money can be saved on importing and how i would go aboout it. also i know th eturbo give quick acceleration but what is the top end speed as i have never had the chance to drive one plus they are far and few between round were i live.

• 2 weeks later...

Try http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/

There are alot of freshly imported glanza's on there but most are quite expensive, money well spent tough i pressume.

Where did you get the insurance quote from as i thought insuring one at 17 same age as myself would cost as much as the !Removed! car

lets us know how it goes

right when you insure glanzas you need to make the insurers are aware that it is a 1.3 TURBO IMPORT!!! and trust me soon as you do this you will find it will cost a arm and a leg as your only 17! im 23 with 4years no claims and its cost me just over £800

first thing first, insurance, get a reg of the car then get a quote! i pay £400 fully comp with all mods decleared and thats with my other half on who puts it up by £40. try A-plan or flux.

stu

first thing first, insurance, get a reg of the car then get a quote! i pay £400 fully comp with all mods decleared and thats with my other half on who puts it up by £40. try A-plan or flux.

stu

when the glanza is imported it gets registerd by the DVLA and most of the time they only put them down as 1.3 not turbos!!! hence i know someone who has his insured as a 1.3 sporif!! so dont just give them your reg number! tell them verbaly its a 1.3turbo! imported ect ect

i tried quin but when you put in import it doest bring up glanza plus i know a few peoples who have glanza's as just 1.3 on the log book most insurance companies dont touch me cause im from northern ireland my quote was from quinn for 1200 on a 1.3 sportif but i still have to ring up and see bout a glanza. the insurance cant be that bad im paying 1800 for a 1.4 polo with no mods declared.

i tried quin but when you put in import it doest bring up glanza plus i know a few peoples who have glanza's as just 1.3 on the log book most insurance companies dont touch me cause im from northern ireland my quote was from quinn for 1200 on a 1.3 sportif but i still have to ring up and see bout a glanza. the insurance cant be that bad im paying 1800 for a 1.4 polo with no mods declared.

Ok am from Northern Ireland to. I have been assured by 2 car dealers now its totally legal to insure it as a normal starlet. So this means the police cant touch ya. In the othier hand the actual insurance company probably wont pay up (90%) off the time. I went down the root off getten it done proper threw quinn cause i am 25. So if your willing to take the risk by all means go for it. But you crash the car the car maybe lost. And am gonna be honest with ya mate insurance for a 17yo on a glanza done by the book your talking 3000 easy and i mean easy!!!!

John mate Quinn does have a glanza on their website just go get a quote from that.

Have a buddy down here who is insured on a 90 gt starlet with quinn

he is only 17 provisional licence only paid

1600 i think and he said its down as a gt

stopped by the guards and they have checked it out so

it must be possible

yea i know on the actual quinn website they do but i dont own one and so when its asks for reg i put one in thats for sale on eBay or auto trader but they just email back sayig you have to ring, and confused dont have the option so ill ring quinn, im saing at the minute cause god these cars are expensive need at least £3k or more, so ill be off my R plates. do you just ring and say its a 1.3 import or its a 1.3 glanza turbo. cause you cant really lie like saying its just a sportif. my m8 sayed you can get them imported as just 1.3 on the log book so am just on the look out :)

yea i know on the actual quinn website they do but i dont own one and so when its asks for reg i put one in thats for sale on ebay or auto trader but they just email back sayig you have to ring, and confused dont have the option so ill ring quinn, im saing at the minute cause god these cars are expensive need at least £3k or more, so ill be off my R plates. do you just ring and say its a 1.3 import or its a 1.3 glanza turbo. cause you cant really lie like saying its just a sportif. my m8 sayed you can get them imported as just 1.3 on the log book so am just on the look out :)

They all come generally as a 1.3 in the log book tax book. So technically yeah u can say it is just a sportif. And legally the police cant do ya. But you hit anything the insurance company will just more than likely say a big NO NO

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links