Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clocks Going Funny

Steve-O 2006

Hi,

Heres a video of my MR2's clocks going funny. When you flash the lights / turn them on or even blip the throttle it seems to do it.

Anyone had this before and which area should I be checking?? (Just trying to get as many suggestions as possible so I can check on the weekend)

Thanks

Looks very much like speed convertor/delimiter has had it,

would deffo try taking it off and see what happens.

yup, thats on the list of things to check. Thanks again for letting me know about it :).

If it is the Delimiter / convertor, wheres the best place to get one from and whats the best one to go for?

Also had some suggestions on another forum saying to check Battery terminals for a loose connection and check Speed sensor on the gearbox (Gera box speed sensor could have been giving me that error code I was getting when the car couldnt read the mph for 8 secodns between 2,500 rpm and 5,000 rpm.

Thanks

yea deffo could be speed sensor cos they are known for failing especially in wet damp weather because of the position they are in.

still check behind clocks first, These are supposed to be the good ones Click Me or you could use an A'pexi RSM as a delimiter too.

Took the clocks off and it has a cheap eBay style delimiter / converter fitted. It has 4x Wires comming from a black box. 3 of them are going to the back of the clocks and the other one is connected to the Purple wire of the main wiring loom of the clocks.

Just need to remove it and join the Purple wire back up to the plug.

Will let you know what happens

just wondering, anyone got an installation diagram for one of these 4 wire delimiter / converter chips?? Maybe it was installed wrong?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links