Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 1992 Audio Advice..

stevogums

Ok 2nd post after welcome and im after some advice..

Had my MR2 a week and the head unit isnt great..

Im planning on fitting normal sony head unit MP3/CD....(Sony CDX-GT610Ui CD / MP3 Player with iPod / iPhone adapter)

Now were can i find and order the appropriate harness coversion lead..

And also single Din fascia...

Had a bit of a search on the site and most people are in newer MR2s so not applicable to me..

Any advice much appreciated...on sourcing and fitting the new head unit...

Thanks ...

There are 2 diff types of stereo setup in the MR2, active and passive,

active has the sub boxes behind the seats, and passive doesn't, both systems have different harness adaptors, so check which one you have first, both can be obtained from halfrauds or any decent car audio outlet., about £10

converting to single din, best to get original toyota item here, cost about £12 iirc, but there is choices of blanking plate type or cubby hole type, there are also cheapo nasty cup holder type ones on egay.

HTH,

Doreen

If I remember correctly, Halfrauds charges about £40 more for the adaptor for the Active sound. Rip off.

If you feel you are confident enough and have limited knowledge it isnt a big job cutting and wiring a unit yourself.

Thinking outside the box you could construct a blanking plate from plastic or carbon fibre and put a few dials in it?

If I remember correctly, Halfrauds charges about £40 more for the adaptor for the Active sound. Rip off.

No. About £15

No. About £15

I'm sure it was silly money!

Jimlad can tell us because he ordered one when he had one!

Firstly thanks for all your responses..

It is an Active sytstem as speakers/subs are behind the seats..

I ventured into my local Halfords and the bloke...didnt seem to think they stocked conversion harness for the MR2..

No wether this was due to his lack of knowledge or basically being bothered i dont know...

However i still need to order the said lead/plug/harness form somewere...And the fascia.....

Anybody have any eBay links or toyota parts web addys...

I'm sure Autoleads do the harness, check HERE might help,

and for din plate/cubby hole drop parts king a pm he should be able to help you out.

Firstly thanks for all your responses..

Anybody have any ebay links or toyota parts web addys...

Our local Halfords (a small high street one) had the full Autoleads catalogue (about the size of a phone directory) and helped me to identify the lead I needed.

But finding it on t'tinternet, as suggested above, might be just as good.

PS - see also Here which contains info on the lead I bought.

I think I read somewhere that there may be more than one type of active system so yours may not be the same one I got.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links