Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitted, Starter Buton!

pauls n/a MR2 GTI

well as the title says i bought and fitted today a big red s2000 stlye starter button and yes i know some find them tacky but i love it..

well this is what i bought and where:

starter button

and this is how it looks now its fitted:

P1020241.jpg

P1020243.jpg

and here is the dvd player screen i fitted too....

P1020246.jpg

th seat leather was also ripped when i got the car but i had that replaced, really simply. took the seat apart took off the old leather and brought it to a mate of my dads who re-trims furniture, he made me a new cover piece and i fitted it, simple as that..

before:

P1010954.jpg

and after!!!::

P1010967.jpg

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MAY BE INTERESTED...... i can provide a really quick step by step guide to fitting that particular starter button complete with photos. if i get enough replies ill post it in the next few days..

next up....... a colour reversing camera fitted in the key-hole in the boot (removing the lock to do so) which willl play in colour on the 7"screen and a toms scoop fitted with the re-spray to fix the peeling lacquer problem on the spoiler and the t-bars.

ta for the window help lads, will be getting to fixing that soon.

P1010952.jpg

Cool :) :thumbsup:

thanx, its really easy to fit when you work it out, took me a while..... but a least anyone that wants can have the photo walkthrough

got to admit they do look ok n fit well in the dash,,,,

but i always find myself asking why would you do it, makes u have to use 2 hands to start the car instead of one, i'll will gladly eat my hat, well not the one i'm wearing cos i quite like it, but another one, if anyone can give me a good solid reason for fitting one, other than it looks good or me m8 has one....

holding hands up i have fitted one before to a friends CTR, and questioned that too, just more hastle in starting the engine.

got to admit they do look ok n fit well in the dash,,,,

but i always find myself asking why would you do it, makes u have to use 2 hands to start the car instead of one, i'll will gladly eat my hat, well not the one i'm wearing cos i quite like it, but another one, if anyone can give me a good solid reason for fitting one, other than it looks good or me m8 has one....

holding hands up i have fitted one before to a friends CTR, and questioned that too, just more hastle in starting the engine.

I agree it is purely cosmetic and it is more fiddly, but.. a few months ago i realised i needed more power than my N/a can provide, more than a standard turbo provides in fact, and thats not cheap.

i cant afford that at the mo as im in the process of buying a new house and saving for a wedding so the financial controller wont permit any more money out of the coffers..... and a plan hatched.

Ireland. espically dublin, is full of boy racers, real fast and the furious fans, who adore Jap rides and modded ones at that. and cars here fetch silly prices.

please please check this out...

MR2 PRICES IN DUBLIN!!!!

SO, i fill this one up with all the gadgets they want and then flog it to them, loaded to the gills with the kind of things they love. thereby filling my pockets and allowing me a good rev 3 tubby.

What do you do when your phone needs charging? :P

sorry that went right over my head? what do you mean by that Jappy?

nope its ok,, i get it aka where is the auxillary power supply coming from....... yeah.... didnt think of that........ ill hatch a plan soon..

• 3 weeks later...
nope its ok,, i get it aka where is the auxillary power supply coming from....... yeah.... didnt think of that........ ill hatch a plan soon..

Dont mean to hijack this thread but what part of Ireland you from Paul. Its just that some of the Scottish MR2 owners are coming to Belfast for the weekend of 18th April if you'd like to meet up.

Dont mean to hijack this thread but what part of Ireland you from Paul. Its just that some of the Scottish MR2 owners are coming to Belfast for the weekend of 18th April if you'd like to meet up.

i live near dublin but i have ahouse about 30 mins from belfast depending on work would love to, cheers keep me posted either thru this tread or via pm.

ta!

• 7 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links