Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Guaging Interest In An Alternative To Jae Updated

cfc1

JAE or TOC camping trip  

24 members have voted

1. 1. JAE or TOC camping trip

• JAE
    • TOC camping trip
    • Both.. dates permitting

It's OK,,, you are a woman.. we understand ;)

*puts on flame suit*

Changed your vote to both.. is that OK?

awwwww bless ya thank you, i feel so bad, lol i just wanna have fun as the song goes lol xxx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cfc1

• JappyBeast

• Calisto

• Devil-ish

there was only one choice for me!! i aint in the country for the jae wkend in august. :crybaby:

camping will be loads of fun thou!! :D count me in!!

OK... so far we have 11 members up for a camping trip, I think thats enough to start thinking of a location and possible activities, does anyone have any suggestions?

Dates would be 25th, 26th, and 27th July 2008.. thats friday - sunday.

I don't know if anyone would like to go to the British Touring Car Championship at Oulton Park, which will be held that weekend with the final on the sunday (27th) As for the Saturday... how about a day out at Alton Towers?.

We could possibly find a campsite somewhere in the general area, have a get together of sorts on the Friday... Alton Towers on Saturday, back to the campsite for some drinks then off to the Touring cars on the Sunday.

Oulton Park is in Little Budworth Cheshire, approx 35 miles south of Manchester and Alton Towers is near Cheadle which is about 40 miles south of Manchester.

It's right next to the Peak District so finding a campsite should be easy enough.

If anyone else has any other Ideas, please post them up and then we could vote on what to do.

Ok.. I have been making inquiries into a campsite for this... I think here looks quite promising.

I gave them a call and explained who we are and what to expect from us, they have no problem accommodating us, infact if we get enough numbers (about 28 tents) we can have the full campsite to ourselves,

3751_1.jpg3751_2.jpg3751_3.jpg

If you have read the link you will see that the site is located along the A54 just to the east of the Peak District, It is idealy suited as a base for going to watch the British Touring Car Championships at Oulton Park...

http://www.btccpages.com/index.php

....as for the rest of the weekend we would need to decide what we want to do.. but I'm sure the Peak District could have something to offer... or we could just hang around the site making our own fun a la JAE with silly competitions etc.

I was informed by the landlady that it is advisable to book in advance and that a deposit is required (we can sort that out later) so I need to know how many want to go.... so whether you are going to JAE or not you are welcome to go on this trip.

Prices as stated on the website... but I will confirm before booking.

High Season (Jun - Aug): Adults £6 Children £3

If we move on this as quickly as possible we can get it booked up and organized then we can start saving for the weekend (25tth - 28th July... thats friday to Monday) I'm starting a new thread here to put your names down... continue discussing it here and not in the other thread please.

Add your names in this thread please.

Sorry but why go to Alton towers or the car thingy???

It backs on to a pub for gods sake........what more do you need? :lol:

:lol: I aint too fusy on Alton Towers... but I quite fancy the Touring Cars as a day out :)

Well I think the campsite looks good! Its in an area where theres loads to do and has a PUB B) . Dont know yet whether we will be coming but will certainly give it serious consideration

After all theres the :driving: n the :cheers: n the bbq's :chef: oooooooooo all sorts to think about :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Well I think the campsite looks good! Its in an area where theres loads to do and has a PUB B) . Dont know yet whether we will be coming but will certainly give it serious consideration

After all theres the :driving: n the :cheers: n the bbq's :chef: oooooooooo all sorts to think about :thumbsup:

Considered it...................we will be coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Sounds good to me! Dats and location depending!!!

I think the JAE organisers attitude sticks!

Sorry but why go to Alton towers or the car thingy???

It backs on to a pub for gods sake........what more do you need? :lol:

Exactly!!.. all we need is good weather, good drink and good company. I'm not bothered about going to anything, just hang out with TOCers!

Sounds good to me! Dats and location depending!!!

I think the JAE organisers attitude sticks!

Date = 25th - 28th July (thats 3 night camping) although if anyone wants to leave early it is ok.

Here

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details....3751&map=on

Go on Charlie.. get your name down.. should be a good weekend, no matter what we end up doing.

Ash... added as a maybe :thumbsup:

I'm gonna get drunk and fall off my seat.
The campsite is located behind The Wild Boar Inn. Turning off the main A54 and passing through the pub car park you enter a second car park through which the camping field is accessed via a farm gate.

Let's face it.....we ain't got far to fall :thumbsup::lol:

Ooooh!.. it will match Jappy's car ;) :lol:

Only kidding Jappy... I know it's purple :)

I also have been looking at the purple ones to match my car but I thought it would have taken it one step to far!

I'm really looking forward to camping, the fact that there is no preassure to have anything planned, just turn up and relax in the sun and get drunk. Prob a BBQ on the Sat night?

Who's up for Fancy Dress this year? :lol:

We would look like a right bunch of freaks turning up in a field one day in fancy dress!!.. what will the cows think?!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links