Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight Question...

Jimlad

Ok.. when I went out in the car tonight I noticed the driver side headlight had gone. It stil works on High Beam, but not normally. Is it simply a case of I need a new bulb ?? I gave it a whack etc.. but it didn't do anything.

Also... when changing bulbs... how exactly do you get into it ??

ta !!

I think you cansafely say the bulb has gone (well Dip anyway :) ). Unusually, the MR2 seems to have two fuses for headlights, one for each side (this confused the hell out of me when one of my units stopped working. As for replacing the bulbs, I;ve done it before, but it was a long time ago! If memory serves, I think you have to remove the unit from the front, that is:

1. Remove screws from platic shroud(two each side)

2. Remove Shroud

3. Unscrew headlight lens (be careful here, two of the screws are for adjusting beam alignment - don't touch these!), four screws around the lens I think...

4. Remove lens

5. Remove bulb connector

6. Replace bulb and reverse above procedure.

Good Guide! Crikes, looks like I was right after all - wow - after 3 years too - memory ain't going yet.....

haha good man if u remembered after 3 years.

I couldnt even remember how i fitted the K&N kit, and that's onyl after 3 months!

:D

Speaking from experience here, and you can all ignore me if you like, its best to remove the plastic shroud, then the lid and then remove the unit that holds the lens in place, (2 bolts at the back of the plastic that the whole thing pivots on). You can get access to the bulb through the plastic housing. This way you dont disturb which direction the light points. Plus i've found the four points on the front of the light tend to rust quite badly. The only down side to this method is you have to re-set the lid to the correct position.

Hope this help and not hinders,

Matt. :thumbsup:

Ok... All done now....

When I was putting on the four screws on the front of the second headlight I was doing.. I was thinking to myself... "oooh... If I drop a screw down there I'm buggered"

1 second later... "sh*t".... oh well at least I still have 3 screws.

a few seconds later I dropped another... God damn it !!

Luckily I scrounged about the house and found some screws that done the trick.

The bulbs I got were Halfords gold packet. Upto 50% brighter then standard bulbs... I still think they are pap though.

I want bright bulbs !?!?! Anyone got any ideas ??

I've seen these bulbs on eBay .... Link

But are wondering if they are any good ???

I bought some 80/120's from City Speed in Gloucester some years ago. Unfortunately they have ceased trading. They are better, but technically illegal for road use...... Hopefully the new Rev 6 headlights will fix this crappy light problem - over to you Matt....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links