Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Intakes - Removal Of....

SMiFFAD

Hello peeps....am under th impression the air intakes behind the doors are removable.....am thinking of putting some mesh in as ive seen it done on a similar looking mr2 and it looked quite swish :thumbsup:

Does anyone know how to remove em, have had a passing glance and cant see anything obvious, guessing the strip above has to come off etc?

Anyone done this?

Ta :)

they do defo come off.... becuase you can get aftermarket skirts etc...

but as to how... I dunno. Russ will defo know the answer.

You have to remove the rubbing strip which hold the top in place. There are two bolts, one under the wheel arch and one behind the plastic pannel by the seats, you need to remove a rubber gromet to get to the second one. The strip is also held by two plastic clips which pull off. Then theres one last bolt lower down in the wheel arch, the vent pannel is also held in place by plastic clips so tug it backwards and it will come off.

Then you need to remove the rubber bit which is kind of self explanatory once you have taken the outer panel off - good luck, hope this helps...

Matt :thumbsup:

Try not to shread any bolt heads under the wheel arch - they tend to corrode due to location. You will need a long series 10mm socket to get to the one in the cockpit.

Matt.

Try not to shread any bolt heads under the wheel arch - they tend to corrode due to location. You will need a long series 10mm socket to get to the one in the cockpit.

Matt.

Me? shread bolts? :unsure:

got a pretty good tool kit so shouldnt come up against anything i cant handle....ill let yall know. B)

Me? shread bolts? :unsure:

got a pretty good tool kit so shouldnt come up against anything i cant handle....ill let yall know. B)

When I re-alligned my headlamp my toolkit consisted of large hammer, vice grips, drill......assortment of drill bits......and a lighter......oh and a screwdriver.......only used this when it came to putting it back together though !!

But hey, cant argue with the result !! :D

You will need a long series 10mm socket to get to the one in the cockpit.

Matt.

TIP.

Put a piece of blue tac in the end of the socket before you take the nut off inside the cockpit because when you retract it, it tends to fall off, down in the bottom of the car, never to be seen again.

Russ

aaaah... I hate it when you lose stuff like that. I lost 2 screws this morning while changing my headlight bulbs. Thought I would squeeze my arm in to get it out. Ended up scraping my arm to death, and I couldn't even reach them !

I thought the headlight came completely out when you take the chrome trim surround off.

Russ

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links