Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! I Crashed! Secondhand Corolla 94 Parts

kaleyt

Hi Everybody,

I bought a Toyota corolla for £500 last week, its was in great nick until i ploughed into the back of a jeep towbar!! Absolutely gutted. :angry:

Anywho, coz its an old one (L Reg) theres no point claiming coz itll be written off and coz of my high excess i will end up with £50!! and no car :(

Ive decided to get it fixed, it needs a new bonnet, headlight (drivers side), bumper and indicator (driver side). Its dark blue.

Obviously its gonna cost me a bomb. I was quoted £500 just for the work today. Ive had a quote for the parts from a website £135 delivered. Needless to say i don t have clue if thats good. If i had the bonnet resprayed, how much would that be or where could i get second hand bits the right colour. they dont have to be in perfect condition any ideas anyone???????????

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

KALEYTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT :D

3 door or 5 door?

We're in a similar situation as someone ran into the back of our Red 3 door earlier in the week.

It's currently away for a quote but it may end up being written off in which case I may break it, or else do what you're doing and fix it with spares.

I think you have a better chance than we do though as the front end should be more easily replaceable.

I'll keep you posted if we do break it and have some bits. Good luck.

Thanks. Its a 5 door hatch.

Not sure how interchangeable bodywork, lights etc is between the 3 and 5 doors. Does anyone else know?

Just had call from insurance co. to confirm that ours is a total loss unfortunately so definitely going to be talking to them about getting it back and either fixing it or breaking it.

Doesn't take much of a bump to write off these cars sadly.

Kaley! If the indicator is in the bumper i got units and bulbs somewhere you can have if you PM me your Address! will post them friday

Tony if you can buy it back can i place an order for the bonnet please? You know I'll love you long time and will pay cash :P Am in Notts soon so just let us know :)

5 door liftback and 3 door hatch are two different cars I'm afraid, little fits with the bodywork

Kingo :thumbsup:

GRR. Cars r such a pain, theyre like men, cant live with them, cant live without them!!!

Im looking at buying the parts online, got a quote for new black primed bumper and bonnet for £158 delivered. Is it dodgy buying over the net?? Im presuming its on a par with eBay, cheaper price but higher risk??

GRR. Cars r such a pain, theyre like men, cant live with them, cant live without them!!!

Im looking at buying the parts online, got a quote for new black primed bumper and bonnet for £158 delivered. Is it dodgy buying over the net?? Im presuming its on a par with ebay, cheaper price but higher risk??

Blimey, that's a good price for new I suppose, but can't you get one from a scrappy? If you can find the right colour you'll save on painting too.

Should be about £20 for the bonnet and same for the bumper I'd have thought.

Ours by the way is coming back to us; should be here Wednesday, but the bonnet is already promised to Gaz and there's some doubt about whether bits from ours would fit your car. And it's red.

Good luck.

I could get it from scrap yard but Ive rang around a few and it seems as though dark blue is not that common, seems to be loadsa white and red tho! :angry:

Also theres hardly any decent yards round here, thought id save the time,effort and petrol and just go on line. I am a bit of a web fiend afterall!!

Kaleyt

I could get it from scrap yard but Ive rang around a few and it seems as though dark blue is not that common, seems to be loadsa white and red tho! :angry:

Also theres hardly any decent yards round here, thought id save the time,effort and petrol and just go on line. I am a bit of a web fiend afterall!!

Kaleyt

Yes, probably best. Scrappys great when they've got what

Do you still need the d/s light? If you do I'll check the part number on it when I get the car back.

I think i need the DS headlight, but not 100% sure, both headlight brackets have snapped but the lights dont move atall, guy in the garage reckoned id need one coz some of the plastic casing on the back has snapped off, but i dont know if he was just trying to get more money. Ill post the damage pics on here and get some advice. Thanks :D

Rolla Drivers Side Headlight

Here's ours (Pic is cut from a picture of the whole of the engine bay, so focus and resolution not so good, but certainly looks similar).

Slightly better resolution pic avail if you click on this one.

Corolla-Drivers-Side-Headlight-400.jpg

I'll get the part number off the headlight casing when we get the car back.

Will be posting more items here when I get time:- Corolla Breaking for Spares

Thanks T600. Looks like i wont need a headlight now. Took my car to my usual garage to check for underlying damage, just incase, coz of the mot. He just said to replace the bonnet, bumper and indicator and they would knock the headlight back into place when they do the mot. So yay, things are actually going ok for once!!! Thanks for your help. Ill prob just get the parts new.

:D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links