Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Safety

CAMEC

Hi

I live in Angola, Africa and bought 2 Toyota Land Cruisers for use. My Land Cruiser GX-2, 80 is/was a wonderful vehicle and Toyota is King of the off road. When I bought the vehicle, I fitted bull bars on the front as we have many stray animals on the roads. Toyota in Luanda advised that the ull bars will afect the air bags in case of an accident and advised that I remove them, this I did. Last week I did hit a stray animal in the night, my car rolled down an embankment and no air bag deployed at all. Whom can I contact at Toyota Japan as these cars are imported from Japan?

Just because you have an accident, it doesnt mean the air bags go off. There are sensors all over the place which detect an impact, but it has to be at the right angle/speed etc. I have seen many cars have accidents where the customer thought the air bag should have gone off, but it just depends on what you hit and at what angle etc

Kingo :thumbsup:

Seconded. Airbags only go off it certain impacts at certain speeds.

Many bull bars are also advertised as airbag compatable... it a Solid ARB winch bumper is, I am sure a little tubular bull bar will be too!

Obviously you survived the crash and still have full use of your limbs and faculties. You didn’t say what the animal was that you hit, how deep was the embankment?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links