Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Creaky Doors

PepJr

I’ve got an Auris T180, which is a great car. I don’t have the squeaky breaks, or dashboard rattles. But both front doors creak very loudly when opening and closing. I guess it’s the hinges. Is anyone else suffering the same issue?

Laters

Pep

Edit: can't believe I spelt creaky wrong!!!!

I have corrected your error ;) :lol:

Edited by Red Yaris 54

i noticed this from mine last week during the cold weather. doesnt do it now only when the car was iced up

Had the same problem. Sprayed a little of teflon grease on the hinges and it helped. There were almost no lubrication as there were marks on the hinge.

The creak on alot of the auris doors is from the check straps not the hinges. As said above just give them a quick spray of grease or silicon spray and all should be fine. (check straps are the plastic/metal straps that hold the door at different opening angles and also to stop them opening too far)

Mart.

Yes, I also have this problem however I'm pretty sure that it's nothing some lubricant fix. I'm going to get that white lubricant of Würth, a product just for the door hinges.

Yes, I also have the same problem with driver doors.

This is another point on my list for the first service check after 2000 km.

Greet

Michael

Okay, it's not just me then. I'm tempted to spray some WD40 on there. But I might take it in to the dealers, have them put on the proper lubrication (whatever that is).

Laters,

Pep

I had the same problem, so took it to the dealer and they lubbed all the hinges with the right stuff while I waited. No hassle and they operate fine now. Get down to your dealer and do the same if you can.

Edit: Maybe I should add - there was no cost to me.

Dealers wont use anything different to what you can buy at motor factors ie white grease/WD40/GT85.

Mart.

Yep. ;)

...and do not use anything other than white grease, others attract too much dirt, dust and needs to be cleaned from time to time because they turn into this ugly, disgusting goo but white stays clean. That's the thing I mentioned before, from Würth but I believe all the other brands probably have the same quality.

My car is doing this on the passenger door and after only about 3000km (1864 miles). Seems quite odd in a new car, especially since I don't drive in dusty areas. I'll probably try to lubrify it with WD40.

Mine is a 3-door built in Turkey, recent build probably, got it less than 2 months ago.

My car is doing this on the passenger door and after only about 3000km (1864 miles). Seems quite odd in a new car, especially since I don't drive in dusty areas. I'll probably try to lubrify it with WD40.

Mine is a 3-door built in Turkey, recent build probably, got it less than 2 months ago.

Mine started about a week ago, at ~900KM. There's no lubricant/grease at the hinges, Toyota said the first 1000KM service includes the proper lubrication of hinges. I don't understand why they don't do that when the vehicles ready to leave the factory though. Anyway, it's nothing to worry about, just needs some kind of lubricant.

By the way how can I know if my car is made in UK or TR?

By the way how can I know if my car is made in UK or TR?

Hi Toscane,

5 door auris are made in UK, 3 door made in Turkey.

Si

Well, today I went to the Toyota Service for the 1000KM check-up and told them about the doors, they greased it and it's all good now, no sound whatsoever. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links