Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1mz-fe Engine - Looking For Suitable Gearbox

steqve

Hello!

I have been recomended to post my question in this forum.

My problem:

I have an 1mz-fe 3.0 camry v6 which i would like to use in a midengined sportscar. The engine is longitudal (spelling?) mounted and therefore I need a gearbox which looks like this:

01E_6speeda.jpg

I have this gearbox now, but putting it together with the toyota engine was far more tricky than i thought from the beginning. I now hope that there is a similar gearbox which will fit and bolt directly to the 1mz-fe.

Any ideas?

so far I have only tried to use the audi gearbox. The toyota engine doesn't seem to be widely used in non-toyota applications.

If the 1mz and 1uz share the same bolt-pattern there might be a chance... I'll contact them.

Toyota has no other gearboxes than the ones used in transverse engine mounts?

Toyota have loads of logitudinal gearboxes... but I can't think of any transaxle ones bar the GT1... but you are not going to find any of those in scrapyards...

As I said you can definitely mate a 1UZ to a Porsche transaxle, there is also plenty of tuning bits for the 1UZ and they are probably more readily avaliable then the V6.. these engines ARE used a fair bit in kit cars, track cars and hot rods... might be worth cutting your losses and using one of those.. and chalking it down to the experiance of doing research before you buy major parts.

Failing that get a custom bellhousing made up. It shouldn't be that much of an issue if you are making a spaceframed car!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links