Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Chip For T180

OldSkoO1

Well, after following the link you gave, I started to search other options on the internet and come up with something else brother.

It's called Speedkit Chip Tuning, it's something like a box though, not exactly a regular chip. Website says it's removable at any time and doesn't interfere with the cars fail-safe system.

According to the site, T180's specifications:

Stock HP: 177

With Speed Kit: 221

Stock Torque: 400Nm

With Speed Kit: 460Nm

Website also has before/after results for my 1.4 D-4D and it has a reasonable price so I am wondering if it's a good, harmless in any way, product.

Anyone has any experience or information about this product?

Found it here : http://www.tunit.co.uk/vehicles-supported.php

You will need to search for toyota

Its marked as 2.2d corolla :rolleyes:

Wonder if this is properly tested / for real or if its inferior to this chip coming out soon.

Interesting, not sure if it is a typo but it states the torque is 269 before then 296 after. Standard is 294-96 dependant on the information source to start with as far as I know.

221bhp from speedkit sounds nice.

Our kits are on the way, should be in tomorrow (Weds 27th Feb)

Our kits are NOT the same as a Corolla kit. The original kits we supplied were based on a normal D4D kit but they were having problems and a new kit was developed because the Dcat system works differently. Ours produce a 20% increase in power

Kingo :thumbsup:

B) 157PS and 360 Nm for the 2.0 D-4D is extremely promising especially as it is a lighter car than T180@175bhp.

Strange how the 1.4 receives the highest percentage torque gain!

That also seemed odd to me...

2.2 gains 60Nm on top of it's stock 400Nm

2.0 gains 60Nm on top of it's stock 300Nm

1.4 gain 60Nm on top of it's stock 190Nm

Also they all received %25 HP.

Could it be some kind of bogus product? :unsure:

Although I don't want to flame any company while I have no technical knowledge about these things, it would be great to hear something about it though; why they all received different torque percentage but same HP percentage. Must have some kind of explanation, right?

Could it be some kind of bogus product? :unsure:
I would guess the Torque values as bs.
Ours produce a 20% increase in power
20% sounds much safer on the engine. King your doing a good job and I am quite willing to wait months if not years to get one and reliability's is a total must as I want this car to last most of my lifetime.

Values as bs? What is "bs"?
Bull Shi*t (Common English slang for made up to look credible or incorrect)

I can get ours to produce even better figures, the problem is you then get black smoke and too much overfuelling. Better to have 20% increase with no noticeable effect on smoking than have the engine go bang!

I will post again when the stocks come in

Values as bs? What is "bs"?
Bull Shi*t (Common English slang for made up to look credible or incorrect)

Ah, okay. :D :blush:

I actually am familiar with the term but not the abbreviation, until today.

Thank you.

I can get ours to produce even better figures, the problem is you then get black smoke and too much overfuelling. Better to have 20% increase with no noticeable effect on smoking than have the engine go bang!

I will post again when the stocks come in

So 20 percent increase also doesn't cause over-fueling?

By the way is it possible for me to buy internationally through internet or just selling via store?

The way any chip works is to supply more fuel, you cant get away from that, however, if the chip kit is fully mapped, like ours, you get a much smoother power delivery, the extra fuel is not just on or off but mapped to your throttle position. If you give the car full throttle all the time and drive like a madman, then you will see increased fuel consumption and black smoke, however, in reality, because you have a smoother power delivery, with a little change to your driving style, you can feel the extra power the chip creates, but on lighter throttle, which over time gives you better fuel consumption not worse

Sorry but due to the high costs of shipping to Europe and worldwide, our products can only be sent to UK and Ireland addresses

Sorry but due to the high costs of shipping to Europe and worldwide, our products can only be sent to UK and Ireland addresses

Not unless I can get a free holiday out of it and bring one over :D:

PM your address to me Toscane and I will get a price for shipping

Parts-King

Think I might be paying you a Wrexham visit on Saturday morning - hope you get lots of stock in and if you can improve on the price all the better. :)

1. Kingo how much?

2. Will the on bored fuel consumption meter register the increase in fuel?

3. Do the chips do anything to increase the turbo or is it all fuel?

Kingo how much?

Will the on bored fuel consumption meter register the increase in fuel?

...do the chips do anything to increase the turbo or is it all fuel?

It's all fuel, nothing else is touched, fuel consumption meter will work as normal

I only have a few units coming in for initial stocks but can get more within a few days

TOC & Lindop website members price £375 INC Carriage, £365 to collect

I also live nr telford and wrexham isn't too far.

Whats your policy? Do you have a rolling road to report results and the flexibility to allow the customer to pass and just pay a fee to cover fitting/unfitting/testing.

Cheers

//

P.S. anyone who gets this done can they say if it increased their insurance

My insurance is quoted as an extra £100 for the remaining 9 months so £133 per annum for 20% power increase. Still £100-200 less in total than if I'd had a 200bhp plus hot-hatch to start with, and with better mpg and lower road tax to boot (and boot it I will).

I also live nr telford and wrexham isn't too far.

Whats your policy? Do you have a rolling road to report results and the flexibility to allow the customer to pass and just pay a fee to cover fitting/unfitting/testing.

Cheers

//

P.S. anyone who gets this done can they say if it increased their insurance

We don't have a rolling road, and there is a charge to fit them, we maybe getting a rolling road at the end of this year but its in the planning stage. You WILL notice a difference

I dont understand a thing...

We have had Tuningchip/boxes for a few years that are built to work with the 2,2 D-CAT engine, is there anything special about this or what?

Bit off topic but T180 question for OldSkoO1:

How did you attach your T180 Badge to the grill?

Just asking before committing to buying - sort of miss my old T-Sport Badge on the front.

Bit off topic but T180 question for OldSkoO1:

How did you attach your T180 badge to the grill?

Just asking before committing to buying - sort of miss my old T-Sport badge on the front.

It comes with a kit which is for the mesh grills; therefore absolutely no good. It has 2 bars on the back of the Badge about 3cm long so they poke into the plastic grill. Then the toyota garage attached it firm to the plastic grill with that clear plastic glue; dont know the name but you sometimes see it on the insides of computer components to stop people removing things.

Very clean job, not noticable either unless you peer straight down the back up close - got the Badge from tte.de with a bit of persuading to mail it to me as they dont ship to customers only garages. But because it was such a small part they agreed.

Thanks OldSko01.

I thought the T180 Badge was a UK only part, or is it a different Badge (TTE, TMS) you have? I know dealers sell the SR180 Badge so good chance they will stock the T180 version.

Thinking of adding a chrome '+' symbol to the rear T180 to subtly denote the accessories and power chip increase of more than standard 175bhp/177ps. Found an eBay supplier.

Parts-King hasn't confirmed whether the chips are in stock as yet - still thinking of a Wrexham visit Saturday.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links