Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Chip For T180

OldSkoO1

They are on the way....honest, coming via Germany to my supplier who is sending them to me, phew!

I will post as soon as I have them in my hand

Kingo :thumbsup:

Parts-King I would like to know what bhp increase 20% would be for all the D model and what warranty it will have.

Apologies for asking so many questions.

I have all of my D4D kits programmed to 20%, I can get more out of them if desired but they begin to smoke and have the opposite effect on fuel consumption. It is not a Toyota accessory, the manufacturers have a two year replacement policy should they go faulty

2 years is good.

I have all of my D4D kits programmed to 20%

Is that 20% more fuel, bhp, torque???

I am still completely sceptical about chip tuning the D-4D. There is complete lack of independent advice. From what I have been told increasing the fuel without increasing the air flow is bad for any diesel engine (from bias advice). All the VW, Skoda, Audi and Seat engines have remaps that increase the turbo as well. As far as I know non of the D-4D chips do.

I cant help anybody being sceptical, there is a lot of performance nonsense on the market and not likely to enhance your vehicle too much. I can only speak as I find, trying to get customers to write a testimonial has been difficult, they love them and phone to tell you, but don't put pen to paper, I can't make them :D: , however, two such customers have "penned" so to speak on here, so please read this thread

Chips

Oldskool

Please read the thread, I will contact you as soon as our testing is complete

More on the turbo side:

Does anybody know if the SR/T180 has a dump value as that is supposed to keep the turbo spinning?

If not, are they worth fitting ? - bit new to turbo engines always had n/a in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this the kind of chip that comes in it's own plastic box and connected with plugs on it like this?

Typhoon_Common_Rail_Diesel_Tuning_Box.jpg

Or is it the one, an actual chip which needs to be soldered in?

More on the turbo side:

Does anybody know if the SR/T180 has a dump value as that is supposed to keep the turbo spinning?

If not, are they worth fitting ? - bit new to turbo engines always had n/a in the past.

I thought dump valves aka wastegates were fitted to most diesel engines.

Isn't that what creates the psssssh sound everytime you come off turbo boost?

Don't know, hence the question.

Was looking through Demon Tweeks mag and they have adverts for dump valves - says nothing about replacing original parts, thought they were an additional performance feature. Further research indicated most turbo cars have a plastic Bosch type device. Anyone confirm, and is there any real advantage to these after-market ones?

All turbo's have wastegates which are different to dump valves. You wont need a dump valve on a diesel as they dont run much boost pressure.

I have read plenty of times that there is no need for dump valves on Ford cosworths unless you are running a T4 turbo or bigger and the Auris T180 turbo is nowhere near as big as this/run as much boost pressure.

I think they are quite chavvy and also another place for possible airleaks :)

Mart.

All turbo's have wastegates which are different to dump valves. You wont need a dump valve on a diesel as they dont run much boost pressure.

I have read plenty of times that there is no need for dump valves on Ford cosworths unless you are running a T4 turbo or bigger and the Auris T180 turbo is nowhere near as big as this/run as much boost pressure.

Mart.

Do you refer to them as being chavvy because of the supposed noise they make?

Performance is my only interest, so no need to bother then.

Many years ago I used to borrow a works' Sierra Cosworth and I think that had a dump valve fitted until it fell off which definately affected its performance until repaired.

I have browsed over tuning boxes for T180's for the best part of a year or so.

I am reluctant to fit one due to the DPF, there could be expensive problems, like those I have heard about on Audi/VW's 170 DPF engine, the DPF problems are bad enough as it is with Turbo lag and very poor fuel consumption without it expiring prematurely!

Mart.

Do you refer to them as being chavvy because of the supposed noise they make?

Performance is my only interest, so no need to bother then.

Many years ago I used to borrow a works' Sierra Cosworth and I think that had a dump valve fitted until it fell off which definately affected its performance until repaired.

Yeah the noise plus the fact that every man and his dog has one fitted onto their fiat punto turbo etc lol

You can get recirculating dump valves which are quiet.

I had one on my sapphire when i bought it - lasted a week before it came off and went in the bin lol.

You wont see any real performance gain by fitting a dump valve really.

Mart.

It was a dark metallic blue Sapphire we had at work, the guy whose company car it was had it second hand to reduce the tax burden, K reg I think, 1 or 2 years old at the time and he also had uprated bushes and adjustable Koni suspension fitted, happy days....

(Apologies for hijacking the T180 chip thread)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in chipping the T180

Forget these % measures of performance increase as in the real world it means nothing - what about numbers - what does the chip do to 0-60 and top speed ?

Has this been tested somewhere ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links