Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Low?

Nash

How low can you go on standard shocks?? I have a Yaris T-Sport which looks ok with standard 15's but when I put my 17" tsw rib on it looks like a beach buggy and it needs sorting.....I want to lower by 40mm but not sure if i have to get shortend shock absorbers......can anyone help? :arrgg-matey:

id advuse the koni shocks or something similar which ARE shorter

a shock under coinstant compression will cause them to wear quickly but its not as if it wiill damage them within a month theyll still last a good few years

:thumbsup:

Cheers Jaxx,

I saw some Cobra lowering springs for 129 on potn.co.uk that lowers 40mm. Have u got standard alloys or bigger? I just want to know how much work will need doing.

:thumbsup:

you'll probably find the 40mm springs will lower a standard yaris i.e colour collection by 40mm but because you have a t-sport which is 20mm lower than standard anyway it will probably only lower yours by 20mm

you'll probably find the 40mm springs will lower a standard yaris i.e colour collection by 40mm but because you have a t-sport which is 20mm lower than standard anyway it will probably only lower yours by 20mm

Sorry mate i disagree. If you buy 40mm lowering springs they are going to drop the car 40mm lower. It's doesn't matter if the car's 20mm lower than a standard yaris. The drop is goner be 40mm lower than a standard t sport no matter what.

It just means that the springs are shorter and are going to compress the shocks down by 40mm ride high than normal. Like when i got 30mm TTE lowering springs on my t sport you could see the difference between my wifes yaris t sport which was standard. I drove them side by side to see the height difference. Then when her car went into have it lowered they looked the same ride height.

jerry!!

Depends on which car they are designed.

If they are aimed at the standard yaris's then they will drop a tsport by 20mm. If however they are designed for the tsport, then you should get a 40mm drop, and a whacking 60mm drop on normal yari's.

Depends on which car they are designed.

If they are aimed at the standard yaris's then they will drop a tsport by 20mm.  If however they are designed for the tsport, then you should get a 40mm drop, and a whacking 60mm drop on normal yari's.

How did you work that out Surinder? Forget about what yaris they are on. If i buy 40mm lowering springs they are going to drop the ride by 40mm. I doesn't matter what yaris they are on they are going to reduce the height by 40mm. So long as they are built for the yaris.

Eg if i took standard yaris t sport lowering springs off. And put them onto a standard say 1 litre model. The ride height would be the same as the t sport model. It's all about the length of the springs mate. The standard yaris say 1 litre model has longer springs than the t sport model. They are longer as they are set up for ride comfort and better ground clearance. Thats why the t sport is 20mm lower than say a 1 litre model. As it's set up for a more lower and aggressive look and better handling.

40mm springs can only drop a car by 40mm. Not 60mm as you have quoted on a normal yaris. After all they can only compress the springs down a further 40mm and that's all.

jerry!!

if i took standard yaris t sport lowering springs off. And put them onto a standard say 1 litre model. The ride height would be the same as the t sport model

exactly, the standard yaris will now be 20mm lower than standard, equal to the yaris tsport. So if you then stick the cobra 40mm lowering springs on the same car (standard yaris with tsport springs), you get another 40mm drop. making the total drop 60mm. Unless there is a differance between shock absorbers between model/grades, which i am unaware off.

40mm springs can only drop a car by 40mm. Not 60mm as you have quoted on a normal yaris. After all they can only compress the springs down a further 40mm and that's all.

Yes, but like i said it all depends on which car the springs where originally aimed for. I am not saying the 40mm springs will act longer or shorter depening on model, thats daft. 40mm is 40mm.

the Cobra lowering spring is a fixed size, say 8cm for example.

If you replace a 12cm (yaris tsport) spring with the 8cm one, new spring is 8cm, drop off 4cm.

If you replace a 14cm (yaris standard) spring with the 8cm one, new spring is still 8cm, drop off 6cm.

:hokus-pokus:

also, if i have come across as a pompos ***** :eek: i'm not. I just lack a fine skill called tact :(

not much need for it in my line of work I.T. support :lol: , its always the users fault :lol:

exactly, the standard yaris will now be 20mm lower than standard, equal to the yaris tsport. So if you then stick the cobra 40mm lowering springs on the same car (standard yaris with tsport springs), you get another 40mm drop. making the total drop 60mm. Unless there is a differance between shock absorbers between model/grades, which i am unaware off.

Hi Surinder

I get what you are on about now. Meaning if you lowered the car 20mm with t sport springs it would be 20mm lower than standard spec. Then if you where to replace with cobra springs which were 40mm lower than the t sport springs. Overall the car would have been lowered 60mm from it's standard spec :yes:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links