Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Essentials...

Floctu

Hi Guys.

been having a listen to current stereo and Speakers in my mr2 and they are not that great, heard worse but could do with an upgrade. Think the head unit might need changing but can wait as the Speakers need changing for definate.

What can be done audio-wise in an mr2 with limited space? as standard and the use of improvisation but in a good way not tacky chavvy wacky.

Mike

much higher W Speakers can be fitted in the standard places... might have to make or buy fitting rings and mod a little of the inner plastic on the interior(between the car Shell and the inner part of the interior, not the exterior u can see). U could always mount oval Speakers in the shelves in the storage boxes at the back of the seats.

It's quite possible to get a 5.1 setup in a 2. Must remember though that speaker placement is everything. Tweeters higher up as these frequencies are directional, Midrange can be at seat level, bass is better lower down as its non directional and lower frequencies that penetrate stuff more. Sub bass ... stick it anywhere but I keep thinkin about right behind the seat for massage in custom cabinets. U can also use RS clips etc for quickly disconnecting any cabinets if u want to remove them and be able to put them back quickly.

Beyond this; and not necessarilly assuming amps are going to be involved, at some point there is the choice between passive and active crossovers which can be stored anywhere there is space(inside doors or even under dash) passive are typically cheaper go between Speakers and amp/pre amp and slightly less proficient at retaining sound quality, active if u want the best but these go between headunit and amp plus need a power source and cost more....

If anything I have placed here is incorrect anyone please feel free to correct me as I'm always happy to learn more :thumbsup:

I agree with the Jinxed, but for starters, which system do you currently have Floctu?

There were active and passive systems, and at a guess you'll have the active one on your car. That should give it a bit more sound but it's still not enough at speed with the roof off, and probably makes it a bit more difficult to upgrade.

The active ones have extra amps separate from the main head unit, and these are wired to Speakers behind the seats (in the small boxes that the roof panels stand on when they're not on the car).

Plus with a double Din set up you can have MP3/DVD Player and a fold out screen!!

Here is my dash,

dash1.jpg

Haven't won the lottery yet jappy!

working on it though!

Will check out what the car has already and get back to you T!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links