Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Mr2 Just Doesnt Love Me At The Moment!

JappyBeast

All you MR2 readers will know I'm having battery/alternator problems at the moment which I originally thought was my starter motor...

Well last night it took me 1 hour and 20 mins to drive 4 miles, I got a flat tyre!!!!!

Got my original toyota tool bag out, never used, managed to get my car in the air, un did all my nuts, got the the locking nut and it didnt fit the wheel brace!!!!!!!! AAAAGGHHH its 11pm and im literally freezing my nuts off.

Had to call someone out with a socket set to get the last one off, got that snazzy creamy coloured space saver wheel on now.

Oh and those who said you cant fit a 17inch alloy in the front wheelwell are lying!!

To top up on last nights antics, my thermostat has started to stick. You have to rev the nuts off it to get it to open and it sometimes closes when it ticking over... more money to spend!

Rant over.

Commiserations there mate, there is nothing worse. Especially when you get a few problems at the same time. :(

Solution ? sell it and buy a purple Rav :)

Alternator, puncture, thermostat......that's three so you should be ok now :yes:

The cold weather certainly brings out the problems :(

I'm doing a night trunk at the moment and I had a puncture on one of the trailer tyres :( Started work at 7PM last night, didn't get back to the yard till 10:30 this morning.............I'm knacked!!! :yawn:

Well last night it took me 1 hour and 20 mins to drive 4 miles, I got a flat tyre!!!!!

Got my original toyota tool bag out, never used, managed to get my car in the air, un did all my nuts, got the the locking nut and it didnt fit the wheel brace!!!!!!!! AAAAGGHHH its 11pm and im literally freezing my nuts off.

Your not the only one in that position m8.. you would be surprised at how many drivers don't realize that their locking nut could be a different size from the standard car wheel nut... lesson learnt the hard way.. but learnt I hope.

Let this be a leson to everyone... no point in carrying a jack if you haven't got the right tools to take the wheel off... if your not sure.. go and check now.. before you do a Job... Jappy!.. Jappy I meant Jappy honest.

You should have seen my face dropped when the wheel brace didnt fit!

I even tried packing it out with paper to try and get it to turn!

Ended up getting a new rear tyre fitted today as I had destroyed the tyre wall when I was driving flat.

a lot of bad luck for 1 guy. Not having won the lottery like you jappy i dunno if i could cope with all that finacially.

awwww no luck eh :(

hope you get it all sorted out hun x

Unlucky mate!

I know how you feel, this month i have had to replace wing mirror and now have massive dent in door as someone punched it i pressume when they were drunk, picked up puncture in front tyre due to massive nail, and some one reversed into back of me while i was at a pub and drove off!

Hope you get it all sorted!

HAHAHA!!!

New problem!

Wire behind one of the head lights is loose so I have to drive about with them in the upward position!!

Will this ever end??!!

Gonna set an afternoon to the side to put all this right now that the weather is getting better.

You sure it's just a wire and not a motor problem?

Could also be the switch on the stalk control that's gone mate. Don't want to upset you, but it's probably not just a loose wire! :(

It happens to us all though, the cars I love are all around 10 years old now, so problems will happen. It's the price you pay for the love of your car! :D

I've been lucky and not had any major problems. The most expensive was the timing belt etc, etc on the GTO.

Unlucky mate. Hope that you get all your problems sorted soon :thumbsup:

jerry!!

New problem!.....

....Will this ever end??!!

Hi

All the sh*t does seem to happen at the same time! Hope all is sorted soon!

In the last couple of months ive had a mare too:-

headgasket,

new radiator,

front suspension top mount bearings, ball joints, spring cups, all new seals and shock covers,

oh and new anti roll bar drop links too....

about £1100 spent in total :(

Prob wont even make that much when I sell it.... but I love him and had to get him fixed!

Oh well, im getting my new Auris tomorrow, so hopefully no more unexpected expenditure!!! yay!

Si

It's not just you and your car hun, my Kiya is giving me run for my money!!!! ;)

To be fair, you did paint it purple. What did you expect? Dog-like loyalty?

Only messing, sounds like an absolute nightmare, hope you get it all sorted soon

Overheated on the way to work today, booked in for new thermostat tomorrow. Only £60 fitted!

Overheated on the way to work today, booked in for new thermostat tomorrow. Only £60 fitted!

OVerheated badly??

least she's not trying to kill you

um the last time I had another geezer tell me a female wasnt doing something specific what he actually meant was "she is and im lieing to you" :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links