Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Going To London To Buy A Heat Magazine

vmail

I will be in Kensington and Heathrow soon and I will be in hire car instead of the usual train and tube because I will be travelling from So'ton. (so I wont be claiming millage allowance)

I dont know anything about the congestion charge

will I be in a congestion charge area? if so how much will it be?

also, how do I pay it? I dont think its like paying at the toll booth

and finally whats the difference between double red lines and double yellow lines?

cheers

from what i can tell there is no difference between double red and yellows,

if you have to pay the congestion charge there will be a big C on the floor, but i have a map i can scan tomorro if you like! lol and to pay you do it all over the phone, but central london i just use the tube and an oyster card

Double Yellow - No Waiting at any time, Double Red - No Stopping at any time :huh:

Jezza from Top Gear couldn't get through on the Congestion Charge Phone line so had to go into a shop and buy something :wacko:

Been to Earls Court a number of times and not crossed the Congestion Charge zone so you maybe OK (Think Earls Court is near Kensington), but will be going into London Centre (Hyde Park) later on in March so let me know how you get on :thumbsup:

Pay London Congestion Charge here - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/congestioncharging/

We use the website at work (link above). You can pay in advance of the day all you need is the registration number.

I don't think you will go in the zone but let gaz confirm this on map.

Double Yellow - No Waiting at any time, Double Red - No Stopping at any time

from my understanding this is right.

ok, looks like I do have to pay the CC, will get the purchasing lass to sort it out online as soon as I get the hire car

route

thanx for the map

I know there not boats in Kensington, Im workin in a house then Im dumping the car at the airport

• 1 month later...

just got this email

I just got word that you have gotten a congestion charge fine from London of £100. We’ll have to dock this from your wages this month and you have 7 days to present your license otherwise it’s 3 points. I’ll see if we can get home sometime next week to take care of this.

Im not paying it

yeah, thats what it says in the email

You have got to be one of the most random people i have ever had the oppertunity to meet...

just got this email
I just got word that you have gotten a congestion charge fine from London of £100. We’ll have to dock this from your wages this month and you have 7 days to present your license otherwise it’s 3 points. I’ll see if we can get home sometime next week to take care of this.

Im not paying it

The congestion charge fine is £50 - I assume you got two then?

Why, after all of this, did you not pay the congestion charge originally? I don't think you have a choice about paying - they appear to be docking your wages! :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links