Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lock Set

Floctu

Hi all

Wondering if anyone knows where or if i can get new locks on my car? Can never be too careful lol

Thanks,

Mike

What's the problem with the existing ones Mike? New set probably quite expensive. Not sure if you would have problems fitting a set from another car, and not sure it's worth it unless you suspect someone else that you really don't trust has a copy of one of your keys. Surely a better solution would be to get a good alarm / immobiliser fitted as you can do that for £200 (assuming you don't already have one of those).

If you do want to go ahead I have a full lock set on a 96 Rolla that might fit. As far as I can see the locks may well be interchangeable. I have all three keys for these (2 black keys plus the grey valet/service key). Slightly different to the M plate MR2 keys though; fatter keys as they have an immobiliser transponder in them - I don't think the immobiliser would transfer over though as that's linked to the ECU I think. You'd need to find out if they were interchangeable with the MR2 though - or else try them.

Ok

Just brought car so always a bit wary (dunno how you spell that lol).

I got a small black key and the plain spare but not the main so not sure if anyone has that key.

I do have a clifford G5 concept 650 alarm/immobilisor with both fobs so i guess it be ok but ill have a think.

Mike

The plain metal one is the master key and the black one is the secondary everyday key!

The plain metal one is the master key and the black one is the secondary everyday key!

no

the metal one is a valet ket, and the black one is the master/'everyday' key

no

If thats the case I have snapped my master key then.

no

unlucky lol

no

unlucky lol

Just been looking round and you're right, all this time I have been using the wrong key but never thought to try it in the glove box. I still have the black key but its twisted and can only be used to open the doors. How do I go about getting another master?

I thought the all metal key was the master key?

It has a code etc on it so you can get another one made.

I thought the all metal key was the master key?

It has a code etc on it so you can get another one made.

This is the reason why I thought mine was the master key, the black one says nothing on it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links