Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water In The Boot

Bob Dunbar

Hi.

Can anyone help, I have just had to strip out the carpet, board and soundproofing from my boot and chuck it. The boot was soaking and had loads of water in it.

On the drivers side there is still water in the well that I am having to syphon out. What has caused this ? and how the !Removed! hell do I stop it again?

Thanks

Bob :huh:

Hi.

Can anyone help, I have just had to strip out the carpet, board and soundproofing from my boot and chuck it. The boot was soaking and had loads of water in it.

On the drivers side there is still water in the well that I am having to syphon out. What has caused this ? and how the !Removed! hell do I stop it again?

Thanks

check the aerial drain tube goes out the boot and not in it

Hi.

Thanks

Which Mk / Rev of MR2 do you have?

[EDIT]

Never mind - saw your other post - 1994 so MkII Rev 2 or 3 I guess.

Shouldn't be much opportunity for that to flood. Perhaps what blz-8027 said. Or a boot seal? Or a hole in the metalwork possibly?

[/EDIT]

My car has had similar happen in boot by look of things.

Dad and I had a look over the car other day n found some dampness in the boot, we have left the carpet loose hoping it will dry out a bit.

Haven't found a leak though.

If you find anything let me know so i can check it and ill do likewise.

Mines Rev3 so maybe same model.

Mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links