Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Emanage Ultimate

Floctu

Hi all

just need some thoughts and advice on this.

Am thinking about getting an Emanage Ultimate

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/#E-manage%20Ultimate:

cant seem to find much on this.

Can you please tell me what you know and what it actually does. Need to know the pros and cons, the gains in power etc.

Dont want to spend that amount of money and it not making any difference.

Thanks,

Mike

For a n/a car I would say, its not really worth the little gains you will get.

You should see 200bhp with exhaust, filter etc and a programmable ecu such as the emanage.

For a n/a car I would say, its not really worth the little gains you will get.

You should see 200bhp with exhaust, filter etc and a programmable ecu such as the emanage.

He is already pushing 200bhp.

features 1

features 2

more here

You have probably read those links before though.

As has been stated, I don't think you will see too much in the way of power gains, it all depends on the modifications you have now and what you intend doing in the future. It's similar to a Unichip, only it has a lot more features that can be used... again this depends on your modifications.

When buying the Emanage remember to take into account the harnesses you will need (this again depends on the car and mods) as these can add up, also bear in mind what a Unichip will cost (I paid £500 fitted and mapped for mine) and compare that to the Emanage, then remember that the Emanage will do a lot more than the Unichip.

If you are looking to add a turbo in the future I would go for the Emanage as it has everything you will need to get it tuned properly and get the best out of the engine. If you have no intention of adding a turbo.. then, if it was me, I would spend my money on something else as I don't think the power gains would be worth the expense (same would apply to a Unichip IMO).

To sum up... N/A.. I wouldn't bother... Turbo Conversion coming soon... Go for it.. descent value for money... and Mohdparts were the cheapest I could find.

Ok, when u say other mods, what should i be looking at getting as well?

I think a turbo conversion is my preferably option to getting a new car as the car I have is great and doesnt need much work to get it up to scratch (all parts on way and havent broken bank balance) looked at tubbys for sale and I cant seem to find anything in price range wih a similar condition.

So over next few years i wanna work my way towards a conversion. i understand they are about £3k?

Mike

I wish mine was 3K!!.. that's another story though :lol: [whisper](6k and counting)[/whisper]

Other mods... I don't know what you have now.. but I think you have an induction kit and exhaust maybe?

As for adding a turbo to that.... you might also want to add a few other bits n bobs, such as...

Uprated clutch

AFR Wideband kit

Dump Valve

Boost Controller

Injectors

Flywheel

Intercooler/chargecooler

The list.. and money spent.. could be endless, any benefits some of that list can give you may well be enhanced slightly by a good ECU (Emanage etc) This is why the extra gains you might get totally depend on what mods you get. It isn't all about power with the ECU's though.. it is just as much about economy and smoothness etc.. and good tune can make a lot of difference to how any car can perform, the better the tuning, the better the overall performance... and to get the most out of it, a good ECU is a must... and IMO the Emanage is a good ECU with lots of options and features to help enhance the tune of the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links