Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mr2 Suspension

Titto

Hi all,

Please help me here:

I love this car, but i would like to make it slightly less 'bouncy' and feel the bumps less.

Is it worthwhile ordering some new shocks from toyota (the kind fitted to the later MR2's)???

I know on bikes, the shocks wear out quickly and my car is 12 years old! My thoughts are that getting some new shocks will improve the handling and hopefully kurb a bit of the bounciness my car has!

Any thoughts or suggestions, even if it is to make it stiffer etc - tell me what you've all done to your babies and i'll go from there!

Thanks all

Adam

any mk2 suspension will fit any other, if your car bounces the dampers need replacing, MOT will prob fail as well.

dunno if its cos the car is stiff or what, but girls !Removed! bounce like bouncy !Removed! when they are in !!! It could be normal, but i would imagine that after 12 years, it'll be a good idea to revamp em!

Yep - your shocks almost certainly are beyond their best. As a general rule, they are replaced every 60,000 or so miles.....

the MR2 gives a firm ride mate.. especially with lowered suspension, 17" wheels etc. Add this to British roads and you could feel every bump and ditch you come across.

Wouldn't hurt to get them checked out tho.

dunno if its cos the car is stiff or what, but girls !Removed! bounce like bouncy !Removed! when they are in !!! It could be normal, but i would imagine that after 12 years, it'll be a good idea to revamp em!

and you want ot change the suspension because....

Maybe he's fed up with his car being used as a butter factory - LOL. Sorry bit OTT that one......

heh heh .. butter factory ..

The problem is that the standard shock are now about £250 a corner ..

Have a look at aftermarket ..

I've got some fairly solid coilovers .. and they are nice for flat roads .. a nightmare on pot holes ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links