Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Conversion Time....

pauls n/a MR2 GTI

im %$(ed off with my 2's N/A lump, its constantly breaking so ive had enough of that engine and i have pulled it out.

the money it would cost to repair that engine or even replace it with a newer one is not that far behind what the turbo lumps are going for.

what all do i need to convert my rev 1 NA to turbo.

i can get engine

ecu

wiring loom

all for £500, do i need the gearbox and rear axles etc? has anyone here done this themselves and could you give me a comprehensive list of what i will need to get please.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE JUST GOING TO SAY..." BUY A TURBO MAN ITS TOO MUCH HASSLE" THATS NOT REALLY AN OPTION!! i have a car with a %$(ed engine and a ton of money spent on it already so i just want to stick a fast lump in it and keep it as a toy, fuel consumption driveability in town and other factors associated with silly bhp cars are not a factor, i have 3 other cars and all i want is my GORGEOUS little two packing real muscle.

ps I LIVE IN IRELAND SO BRINGING IT TO YOUR MATES SHED IN MANCHESTER IS ALSO OUT OF THE QUESTION

thanks guys.

Paul

you dont NEED a 3sgte gearbox, you can use your NA one, this is how you do it:

-3sgte flywheel

-camry/mr2 5SFE uprated clutch friction plate (it MUST be uprated due to the power)

-3sgte clutch cover

-3sgte flywheel

-camry/mr2 5SFE uprated clutch friction plate (it MUST be uprated due to the power)

-3sgte clutch cover

superb! great stuff, this keeps my costs down and my options open now, have you done this? and where would i get those parts,? scrappy's? could i just use an exedy turbo clutch on the N/a gearbox?

-3sgte flywheel

-3sgte clutch cover

superb! great stuff, this keeps my costs down and my options open now, have you done this? and where would i get those parts,? scrappy's? could i just use an exedy turbo clutch on the N/a gearbox?

yes i have done this

you may get a 3sgte fly from a scrapyard, or check IMOC,

you cannot use a turbo friction plate/clutch as the splines are a different pattern for the NA gearbox input shaft, you NEED to get a 5SFE/NA friction plate that can cope with the power

you are looking at about £350 for all of the above imported from USA. you will be hard pushed to find a good/uprated friction plate in the UK

cheers bro, might just drop in a turbo box it'll only cost me £100.

ill look out for a rear end chop job.

Thanks again

the n/a box wont last long especially if you start winding up the boost

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links