Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Very Pleased

T Sport 1978

Just wanted to say that i am thoroughly pleased with my new-ish T180. It's been 3 days and still learning the drive, but so far so good.

Must say though there aren't many storage areas in the cabin and am missing the centre storage from my old corolla.

The drive is excellent and the mid speed acceleration is simply awesome...

I am managing 40MPG so far which is exactly what i am hoping for... Brill.

Mine has a tendancy to pull left though even supposedly having the trackings done...does anyone else have this behaviour?

:)

Still loving mine nearly a yr in. Still find excuses to drive or go the long way round.

No real experience of it pulling to the left. Seems quite common really as our RAV4 does do this, but not really noticeable that much.

I did miss the centre storage too but i believe you can get the bigger arm rest now.

40mpg is a good average, last summer i was getting the stated 44mpg in the warmer weather so couldn't be happier. Just around town down expect much more than 36mpg, in stop start thats a given really.

Make sure you fill up with v-power diesel and it will burn better therefore revving higher and keeping it clean. Once the approved chips come out taking it to 200 or 210bhp it will be rather insane.

:)

Still loving mine nearly a yr in. Still find excuses to drive or go the long way round.

No real experience of it pulling to the left. Seems quite common really as our RAV4 does do this, but not really noticeable that much.

I did miss the centre storage too but i believe you can get the bigger arm rest now.

40mpg is a good average, last summer i was getting the stated 44mpg in the warmer weather so couldn't be happier. Just around town down expect much more than 36mpg, in stop start thats a given really.

Make sure you fill up with v-power diesel and it will burn better therefore revving higher and keeping it clean. Once the approved chips come out taking it to 200 or 210bhp it will be rather insane.

Thats real good to hear and i am enjoying the drive more and more as well.

I think as long as i am getting 400 miles a tank i will be happy, can't satisfy a heavy right foot as well as the wallet at the same time i suppose.

Haven't tried the V Power yet, and i will do sometime soon. But will the car suffer from using regular Sainsbury Diesel???

Haven't tried the V Power yet, and i will do sometime soon. But will the car suffer from using regular Sainsbury Diesel???
Shell are doing free toy Ferraris at the moment if you fill up x amount of premium. Sainsbury is fine avoid Tesco apparently.

Shell are doing free toy Ferraris at the moment if you fill up x amount of premium. Sainsbury is fine avoid Tesco apparently.

I'll do it if they are giving away 1:18 Auris toys. :)

DO you have a source for that info regarding which fuel to avoid?

Sainsburys probably fine

i'm just in the habbit of only using Shell - i never fill up with anything else. Just trust them as being a better fuel.

I see a car like a person, what you feed it depends on how healthy it is - crazy i know ... :)

you'll definatly get 400 miles to a tank. My average is about 430miles but 450 all the way up to empty. THe warning light and bar system is just confusing so you think your empty sooner than you really are.

However its good not to let diesel cars too low on fuel.

Even with a heavy foot the tank range doesnt alter that much. I've never ever in the yr i've had this car got less than 415/420 miles to a tank.

Sainsburys probably fine

i'm just in the habbit of only using shell - i never fill up with anything else. Just trust them as being a better fuel.

I see a car like a person, what you feed it depends on how healthy it is - crazy i know ... :)

you'll definatly get 400 miles to a tank. My average is about 430miles but 450 all the way up to empty. THe warning light and bar system is just confusing so you think your empty sooner than you really are.

Even with a heavy foot the tank range doesnt alter that much. I've never ever in the yr i've had this car got less than 415/420 miles to a tank.

My average is the same - 450miles=724Km but then i fill close to 50-51 liters.(most out-city but also in-city)

If i push it close to empty ,only in the Highways, i fill 53-54 liters - i drive more then 840 KM ( more then 530 miles)

Sainsburys probably fine

i'm just in the habbit of only using shell - i never fill up with anything else. Just trust them as being a better fuel.

My average is the same - 450miles=724Km but then i fill close to 50-51 liters.(most out-city but also in-city)

If i push it close to empty ,only in the Highways, i fill 53-54 liters - i drive more then 840 KM ( more then 530 miles)

Thats very impressive. You must be a very careful driver or they put the wrong engine into your Auris. :P

DO you have a source for that info regarding which fuel to avoid?

Everytime I filled up at a Tesco's in Manchester my car kept losing power (stuttered power) when accelerating and returned poor mpg. It's taken about a month to flush out my tank with proper fuel. I used to fill up my leon cupra diesel there all the time without problem but my Auris doesn't like it. If you Google Tesco diesel you will also find talk of them mixing 5% BD into their fuel but that's only in the South East apparently!

No source and yes it could be pusudo but I have had less MPG and power with TESCO.

With regards to fuel - no one who has ever worked for a fuel company has ever said how things work. But, there are indications on the quality and distribution from various people, tests and reviews.

Here are my observations

It is largely the general consensus that most fuels share the same base stock. It is suggested that tesco use the esso base fuel. The exception to this is the premium fuels like Shell vpower.

It is also said that delivery drivers of fuel get a card which they use upon delivery. This card is pre-programmed and determines how much detergents / additives are added to the base stock before depositing in the stations tanks.

Thats the general consensus of how fuel is delivered and its quality.

However there was once a person who worked for a fuel company who hinted at several things.

He said you would be suprised what goes in the fuel and that no1 has ever come close to the real answers on any of the forums he has come across. It was then suggested cheaper fuel is blended with other ingredients but still staying within gov standards. Watered down if you like - suggesting that the fuel doesnt burn as well or as cleanly and doesn't protect the engine as well as better fuels; sometimes leading to pump failure in diesels. It has never been confirmed but the same poster who worked for the fuel company when asked what fuel he used he said Shell optimax.

Optimax now vpower being a fuel that is developed completely seperate, unique and that the detergents and additives are added to the unique mixture at the fuel depot and not the forecourt as is the case with all other fuels.

A source:

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/news-special-repo...&EL=3125465

Source:

http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?ln...3&pageid=-1

Forum Post on BP ultimate diesel and Diesel Extra:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/advice/forum/topi...?TOPIC_ID=20858

I am going to fill up with TOTAL EXCELLIUM for month because my local garage at work are cheap.

took it easy on a round trip from work

Shell v-power

47.3mpg

who ever said the engine wasn't economical; just a bit harder to achieve

took it easy on a round trip from work

shell v-power

47.3mpg

who ever said the engine wasn't economical; just a bit harder to achieve

I fully believe your MPG is possible... People just can't seem to understand that MPG is all about how you drive?

I was suprised to find out there are nine refineries in the UK, one I think is being/has closed. I'm sure some of these smaller companies use cheaper/less additives than the big guns like Shell

Refining info from the DTI

Kingo :thumbsup:

Mine has a tendancy to pull left though even supposedly having the trackings done...does anyone else have this behaviour?

camber of the road then?

camber of the road then?

Hi Jinxed,

Don't think it is as it happens from crappy town roads to motorway. I am going to get a private garage to do a tracking as i think the Toyota Dealer i went to just wanted to shut me up and say that it's done. haha

I was suprised to find out there are nine refineries in the UK, one I think is being/has closed. I'm sure some of these smaller companies use cheaper/less additives than the big guns like Shell

Refining info from the DTI

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks

Well, i've just fuelled up with V-Power. WIll see what difference there is :thumbsup:

Well, I've just fueled up with V-Power. Will see what difference there is :thumbsup:
I will be waiting for your results and I hope you got your free Ferrari. So far with TOTAL EXCELLIUM (only 114.9p at Midway Service Station Guildford www.petrolprices.com ) I see no improvement in power, no 35% less noise claimed but I still think there is allot of the old fuel in the system and I have to fill up again.

I think the results will be positive.

Well, I've just fueled up with V-Power. Will see what difference there is :thumbsup:
I will be waiting for your results and I hope you got your free Ferrari. So far with TOTAL EXCELLIUM (only 114.9p at Midway Service Station Guildford www.petrolprices.com ) I see no improvement in power, no 35% less noise claimed but I still think there is allot of the old fuel in the system and I have to fill up again.

I think the results will be positive.

Haha, i actually didn't want the toys. Have you seen them? They're rubbish.

I reckon i will need 2-3 tanks before i get to see a diff if any.

I fuelled with 5 litre of Sainsbury's city diesel left.

Rev it to 4.5krpm - thats where the power really works well.

Also it does help low down. I used to get a bit of turbo lag low down, v-power is a bit better at reducing this - smoother pulling away.

Noise is probably the same as its already quiet.

I will reiterate, i use vpower 99% of the time for its better quality. Cost isn't an issue for me. Any benefits like extra power or economy are just a bonus.

I remember in the summer last year i managed 53mpg on the same round trip to / from work in the warmer weather.

840km with the 1.6 petrol? I get that with my D4D 1.4 (engine still new tho)

That's odd...

I get about 750 kilometers with my 1.4 D-4D, then the LOW FUEL thing comes on and I fill her up in about 20 kilometers maximum and she takes about 40-45 liters of fuel. :(

Although I drive in the city traffic almost all the time but man, if I knew that petrol was like that, I would have bought that one instead! :( :(

Oh, and mine is at 3200 kilometers now.

Read replies about Shell V Power diesel, is it really as good as what people are saying???? :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links