Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Orange "usa" Parkinglights Mod?

Speed_Chaser

After watching thousands of American films and all the cars in them I got interested to mod my cars' parking lights into the blinkers.

And now I'm asking some help from you: If you have any idea about how to do it I would be very grateful, especially for the instructive

photos which will (at least I hope they will) decrease our language barrier :lol:

The only thing I know about this "USA parks system" is that there are two lamps, one is on all the time and another is brighter and blinking when the blinker is on.

That is how you cannot do it on Auris because of the small space and must to drill, which isn't very good, at least for me. So the only way is to play with electrics I think, but how? It would be enough (even better and more clear) if the blinker were on, but blinked when blinking and getting FULLY off and on. Not just half off and then brighter again.

Here's one instructive picture from me, in case someone did not understand what I was talking about!

I have seen something simular done with a is200.

a special LED bulb which has both white led around it and amber led around it too.

the bulb had to connection ports, for both colours.

amber was connected to the original indicator connection,

and the white leds connnected to the side light connection(some rewiring required here), thus keeeping the original side light and an addition side light within the indicator area.

so in theory it can be done, if u can find a bulb which has to sets of orange leds,

try eBay??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links