Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Toyota Camry Windshield Problems

Rose

I have a 2002 camary that the windshield has leaked and continues to make a popping noise like it is loose. The service department in my area has sealed and resealed it and can not fix it. Does anyone else have this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Have your dealer check the TSB's. There is one that describes your problem. There are 2 plastic clips in the upper windshield that were installed improperly and make the popping noise. It should be a warranty fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem with the popping noise with the 2004 Toyota Camry. It does not make the noise all of the time. Therefore, I wasted three days at the dealer with no luck. The car has been making the noise after the day I bought it. Technicians unable to hear problem since the car does not make the noise all of the time?

:thumbsup:

I have the 2002 camary with the popping windshield (first entry). I had taken my car to the dealer at least 7 times to have it fixed. Each time the service manager rode with me he would always say he didn't hear the noise. I always did hear it. Finally we contacted the National Center for Dispute Settlement in Dallas, Texas (214) 638-2700. They set up an arbitration hearing for us at the dealership. My husband told our side of the story and Jay Johnson told theres. The arbitrator rode with him and the service manager and heard the noise. The service manager continued to say he still didn't hear it. We won our case and this Friday we turn in the car and pick up our check! Soooo, after you have had it to the dealer a few more times this may be something you want to look in to. She felt it could be a "saftey" issue. Plus they had more than enough times to try to fix it and couldn't. Good Luck!

Thanks for the advise, I will continue taking the car to the dealer for the noise. So far no leaks. How bad were the leaks on your car?

My windshield only leaked once. It happened on my way to work one morning while it was raining. It came from the top of it and hit me in the face. They sealed it again and that didn't happen any more. The windshield makes a creaking, popping noise. Almost like it was going to crack. It didn't do it all the time. It did it alot when I would hit a bump in the road or if the car got in any kind of tension. It was like it had been a wrecked car but I bought it brand new off the show room floor. It really has been a pain. But I had to be consistant with them. They never would admit hearing the noise even though I was right beside them and could hear it and everyone else that road with me could hear it. One of the service department people finally did admit to me that there was one other car she knew of that had the same problem and they couldn't fix it either. Just keep all of your service department receipts. You may need them.

• 6 months later...

I have a 2003 Tundra with the noise coming from the windshield. Two mechanics and the manager at the dealer have heard it and have worked on it about six times, the last time for an entire month.

The wierd thing is that the popping or clicking noise goes away when the truck gets wet, either at the car wash or when it rains.

I haven't noticed any leaks.

Anyone heard of this?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links