Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Silly Question....how Do I Change The Time? Hehe

vortex2k8

Hey

I bought my '07 Yaris about 3 months ago, and its great ^___^ However when the clocks went forward a couple of days ago...I cant figure out how to change the clock >__< In the manual it says to press the Disp button, but all that does is change the display from miles left to average mpg etc etc.....

Im sure im being a complete idiot, and its a simple solution, so dont poke fun hehe!!

Cheers

Lawrence (and Hi btw :P)

There are two "trip meter resets" in the instrument panel, one for resetting the trip meter, the other for the clock. If I recall correctly, press the button closest to the clock until the hours start flashing. Each time you then press the button, you will advance the hours by one hour. Wait five seconds, and the minutes will flash. Wait five seconds again, and the flashing will stop.

So, if you are setting the clock one hour forwards, press until you see flashing, press once to set the hours forward and wait until the minutes start flashing. If you don't wish to change the minutes, don't press anything, and the flashing will stop. Clock is now changed.

At least that's what I recall.

It's important to start with display set to temperature,then press button next to temperature for a few seconds and release, hours start flashing and can be advanced using same button, when hours stop flashing minutes will start flashing and can be altered if needed in the same way.

i had this same problem today.kept forgetting to look in my handbook and considering how in my old model the clock was in the radio i was totoally lost. but after pressing a few buttons i got it. just as the others said. press the button in for a few secs then it will start flashing

I had the same problem on my 08 T3 but eventually followed the instruction in the manual giving the advice above.

In the process I have managed to change the speed readout from mph to km/hr and I can't see anything in the manual about changing it back.

Advice please

Thanks for the help, I didnt do it but my friend kept pressing the button and it worked eventually hehe ^__^ Hopefully in 6 months time I can do it again :P

Another thing about my Yaris which has happened recently, is the CD player keeps skipping. A song will play for approx 30 seconds then skip really badly all over the song....I have tried different CD's and MP3 CD's...and sometimes it just wont read the CD at all. I guess this is covered under warranty and worth getting them to take a look at it (provided it happens to them :P)

I had the same problem on my 08 T3 but eventually followed the instruction in the manual giving the advice above.

In the process I have managed to change the speed readout from mph to km/hr and I can't see anything in the manual about changing it back.

Advice please

Found it.

Hold the right button on the display in for more than one second when ODO is displayed.

Yeah, I have also had trouble changin the clock in my '08 TR.... Looked in the manual and it says set ignition to on, and push knob (next to clock) for 5 seconds until it starts flashing......... All I succeeded in doing was resetting the multi-function display (average speed, mpg etc.) back to zero!

So I tried the other button, and ended up with my speedo in km/h - which I doidn't notice til I started driving, then had to pull over as I didn't know how fast I was going :unsure:

Still haven't changed it yet, I'm sure I held it in for way more than 5 seconds and it never started flashing, but Gramps said something about it being important to have the display on temp first before you do it, so I'll try that later (it doesn't tell you that in the manual if that is the case).

Hey

I bought my '07 Yaris about 3 months ago, and its great ^___^ However when the clocks went forward a couple of days ago...I cant figure out how to change the clock >__< In the manual it says to press the Disp button, but all that does is change the display from miles left to average mpg etc etc.....

Im sure im being a complete idiot, and its a simple solution, so dont poke fun hehe!!

Cheers

Hey

Cheers

Had the same problem!! book not very explicit but fathomed it out by myself in the end!!! You need to be in 'temperature' mode to alter the time, then it is quite straightforwars.

• 6 months later...

Had the same problem with my 2008 SR. Setting to temperature first was the answer. Thanks to all for advise! You would think Toyota would have updated their manuals by now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links