Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina 2 Alloys/speakers

Kip Dingo

I have a 1992 Carina 2 saloon (XL Hi-life plus) i'm sure MR2 roadster alloys fit straight on but am looking for confirmation really...or any other ideas. Also has anyone fitted Speakers to the rear shelf? If so what did you manage to get to fit or any suggestions welcome...cheers.

I have a 1992 Carina 2 saloon (XL Hi-life plus) i'm sure MR2 roadster alloys fit straight on but am looking for confirmation really...or any other ideas. Also has anyone fitted speakers to the rear shelf? If so what did you manage to get to fit or any suggestions welcome...cheers.

Kip, I have one myself and installed Speakers in the back shelf. I took Speakers from the back of a Volkswagon Vento. Blaupunkt 50W Speakers come as standard in them. You will get them from a scrap dealer, take the wiring for them out too, it was €10 for both of them. The sound is great from them. There is a compartment that they sit into, if you look under the parcel shelf from the boot you will see two bowl like pieces of metal. Parcel shelf can be cut using a stanley knife and there is compartment under the back door and passenged door for running the wiring up to the radio. Hope this helps.

I want to put a rear spoiler on my car, its a red 1990 toyota carina ii. if you or anybody else knows where I can get one in Ireland, could they please tell me. My email address is sanches56@gmail.com

I have a 1992 Carina 2 saloon (XL Hi-life plus) i'm sure MR2 roadster alloys fit straight on but am looking for confirmation really...or any other ideas. Also has anyone fitted speakers to the rear shelf? If so what did you manage to get to fit or any suggestions welcome...cheers.

Kip, I have one myself and installed Speakers in the back shelf. I took Speakers from the back of a Volkswagon Vento. Blaupunkt 50W Speakers come as standard in them. You will get them from a scrap dealer, take the wiring for them out too, it was €10 for both of them. The sound is great from them. There is a compartment that they sit into, if you look under the parcel shelf from the boot you will see two bowl like pieces of metal. Parcel shelf can be cut using a stanley knife and there is compartment under the back door and passenged door for running the wiring up to the radio. Hope this helps.

I want to put a rear spoiler on my car, its a red 1990 toyota carina ii. if you or anybody else knows where I can get one in Ireland, could they please tell me. My email address is sanches56@gmail.com

Hi there...thanks for the info...was looking for a bit more oooomph so have ended up with 6x9 speakers in boxes...will do for now...any advice on the alloys side of things will be much appreciated...

• 1 month later...

I too have fitted 6x9 boxes (150W) in the rear shelf on my carina e xli 93. There was no room for

them, so I cut the metal with some heavy-duty metalcutting scissors. I removed the shelf itself when

doing this, and later removed it again in order to install custom made wooden plates with 6x9 holes.

The shelf itself was so soft and thin, it became a problem for the Speakers to produce low freqs. After

placing wooden plates in there, the sound improved greatly. I also cut a circular hole in the rear shelf

in order to let sound from subwoofers in the trunk to reach the insides of the car properly.

Did you ever try the wheels?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links