Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corona - I Am Looking For Some Data

ravpraca

Hi,

I would like to ask you about Toyota Corona. I have bought one with 1830 cm 4S-FE engine. This car is from Japan and I don't have any information abput it. I went to Toyota dealer but they didn't help me.

First thing what I am looking for is Battery. I have a very small one with small pins. There is no information how many Ah it has. I was reading in manual (Carina manual) and I found that this Battery should have 45 Ah. Unfortunately with this dimensions I have found only 35 Ah. Is it possible that for this car and this engine 35Ah is suitable?

I will appreciate if you can help me.

Many thanks,

Rav

• 2 months later...

I changed the Battery on my carina 93 e xli. This one aswell comes in an unusual

form factor, and little was to be known about it. My sturdy manual however told me

the name of the form factor (the largest one that will fit in there) on my car.

This intel in hand, I contacted a dealer and got him to order the most powerful Battery

avalible in this size. I ended up with a 65Ah Battery (I need a good one due to a large

car stereo) and am pleased to say it is working excellently. The power terminals on

my old one, like on your corona, were small pesky things. Its never a bad thing to have

more than you need.

If 35Ah will be sufficent depends on the power usage you have. If you have a large car

stereo or A/C in there, or constantly run the heater on max, combined with taking short

trips alot without going anywhere far away AND live somewhere where its cold in winter,

then you might be shorthanded with that battery. The AH is a measure for the amound of

energy stored within the battery. The max current out is also a good number to have, as

starting the car when its cold out could be a problem if this number is too small.

By driving you charge the battery, and driving far every once and a while will do wonders

for a battery low on juice. (An hour should do it)

Regards

Neuroner

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links