Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Yaris Is Already Quick

Matty88

Hi,

Im new to these pages and have a few question i was hoping you guys could help me answer.

I have very recently purchased my new favourite toy, a 2001 Toyota Yaris 1.5vvt-i TSport, and i am loving every mintue of driving it.

The car is, however, confusing me. I am being told by people that the "T-Sport" Badge means that the engine is fitted with a turbo.

Now i have never owned a car which has had a turbo attached to the engine, and i have never seen one on anyone else's car, so i have no idea what it would look like if i saw it.

Is My Model of car fitted with a turbo? If so can it be upgraded/tuned to get more out of the engine. If Not can i fit a turbo to it? and if so how much would i be looking to save?

Another question i have is about a grainy rubbing noise i keep hearing. Now i got the car serviced on wednesday 2nd april (it was the big service, £227, which included a puncher repair) and they advised me that there was 50% wear on the front pads, 60-70% wear on the rear pads and slight rusting/pitting on rear disc's. Could this be what is causing the rubbing noise?

The Last thing i wanted to ask relates back to the first question i asked about the turbo. What can i do to the engine/car to make it quicker? Oh and just to let you know the car is bog standard.

Cheers for any and all help given,

Matt88

No UK spec T-Sports have turbo's, i don't actually know what he T stands for but its probably Toyota!

Easy simple mods are:

Induction Kit

Sports Exhaust

These give a bit more power and torque and make it sound better.

As i don't have a Yaris i don't know what else can be done but there are a few people on here who have done plenty to their T-Sport Yaris's. Search the forum and see what you can find. Cant help on the noises for the same reason.

As said no uk spec yaris has a turbo, nearly everyone who doesn't know anything about them will tell you it has a turbo.

T-sport just means it's the sport and top of the range version. I imagine the T stands for Toyota, Toyota Sport.

There isn't really much out there for tuning a yaris, that you'll be able to find easily. There's a lot in Japan but most is hard to come by.

Easiest route is TTE supercharger, you can buy this from your toyota dealer but not many dealers know about it, and good luck in getting them to try and fit it. Kimi had one fitted and she went to TTE in Germany to have it fitted, and cost around £3000.

Earpl who is no longer a member on here had a greddy/trust fitted that he ordered from the states, and fitted himself.

Not sure how much it cost, but it was from a left hand drive car and he had a few fitment issues.

Give kimi a pm if you want more info on the supercharger, you can get them fitted by TDI in the UK.

Give me a pm if you want to know how to contact earpl, if I put it here they may delete it.

If you get in touch with envy they do a wicked sports cat section, and can get hold of rear "silencers" also a good range of manifolds, Induction kits work well if relocated ( easy peasy ). Lightweight crank pulley, ECU, Lightweight flywheel, Upgraded clutch, Supercharger kits probli better than turbo on a car like this - GReddy, Blitz, Power Enterprises, TTE, the Greddy and TTE ones come with their own ECU's i think, not sure. But thats about your lot unless you start custom modding stuff like intake and cams e.t.c. I'd say get the suspension done too, you think it handles well now.

Hope it helps, and hope to see some progress pics soon ;)

Uprate the brakes and suspension and the car will handle a hell of a lot better and mean you can do a lot more late braking, making the car seem quicker, then you can sort out the engine mods, start with the basics, filter, exhaust etc, then start looking into forced induction if you want more power.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links