Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starting

wakko

Hi Guys

Im having some trouble with my Auris 1.4 diesel. Whats confusing is that is does not do it all the time. When i turn the key to start the engine, sometimes the engine starter will not turn over. The car is not in gear and i also press the clutch, however it still will not turn over. After waiting a few minutes the car will turn over normally. Does anyone else have the same problem, or what am i doing worng.

Thanks for your help

Clutch has to be pressed all the way down. If you are sure then see the dealer.

There are 2 ground points near the Battery.

Some idiot constructor decided to panit theese ground pionts before the wiring was put on the car.

You can take out the Battery and grind off the paint yourself, or take it to the dealer.

After you have put the cables back on, spray on some ceramic grease or something, so it wont rust.

Im having some trouble with my Auris 1.4 diesel. Whats confusing is that is does not do it all the time. When i turn the key to start the engine, sometimes the engine starter will not turn over. The car is not in gear and i also press the clutch, however it still will not turn over. After waiting a few minutes the car will turn over normally. Does anyone else have the same problem, or what am i doing worng.

I used to get that in the beginning and then realized that sometimes I tried to start without the clutch being all the way down. The manual states that after a couple of not-so-perfect attempts you will get a "DEPRESS CLUTCH" text but that doesn't show up in my car (A D4D 1.4 diesel).

Since you seem aware that you have to do that... I'm not sure what the cause might be...

I have had my Auris for around 3 weeks and it starts like a dog every morning. Contacted Toyota yesterday and they seemed to be aware of the problem. I was told that they would require the vehicle over night. wasn’t to pleased with the comment from the receptionist "better get it in sooner rather than later, don’t want to do any further damage to the engine" anyone else had this work done to the sr180?

wasn’t to pleased with the comment from the receptionist "better get it in sooner rather than later, don’t want to do any further damage to the engine"
Err, isn't that true though?

wasn’t to pleased with the comment from the receptionist "better get it in sooner rather than later, don’t want to do any further damage to the engine"
Err, isn't that true though?

I'm not sure why an engine taking slightly longer to start would cause damage? Care to elaborate I’m not a mechanic so any input would be appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links