Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speakers

Korny_Yaris

Hi,

I know this has probably been posted before but im lazy today and im at work so dont have time to search through all the forums but..

Please could somebody tell me the size of the Speakers in the dash and in the front door.

I have sum kenwoods out of my old car and I was wondering if they would fit my Tsport 51 plate phase1.

I have already fitted parcel shelf and subs etc.

1 other thing

i seem to have quite a rattling come from the driver door. A part of me thinks its the buttons you push down to lock the car from the inside because the sound is quite bass-ey but im not sure. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Hi :)

10cm / 4" in the dashboard

13cm / 5.25" in the doors as standard

Door Speakers can be up to 16.5cm / 6.25" or 6.5" with a suitable adaptor, from Autoleads.

There are issues with door speaker depth, too deep and the magnets will foul the windows as they are lowered. I'm not sure what the maximum depth is, but hopefully when I get my T-Pot I'm upgrading all 4 Speakers and fitting parcel shelf ones too, and will do a full write up with pics and measurements so hopefully that will help people. :)

As regards the rattles, well, it's a Yaris... but seriously, best thing to do is check everything if/when you do a speaker upgrade in the doors - make sure things are tight and fastened down as they should be.

Regards - Johnny

thanks alot mate!

what do you mean by "foul the windows" ???

I remember my kenwoods are 13cm so il give them a blast. They arent that deep I remember.

When I fit them I will be sure to make sure everything is in nice and tightly.

Can anyone suggest anything I can use other than dynamat for sound proofing? cuz that stuff is a rip off!

cheeeeeers

p.s. I will post pics and a write up after I do it aswell and explain the wiring as I know it gets confusing when fitting rear Speakers.

I fitted Focal 165 Slim in the door with an autolead adapter (sak-2914 i think is the part number) and i fitted the tweeter up in the dash board

Speakers come in various depths from slimline to standard and beyond. If you fit a speaker that is too deep it sits further back into the door (for instance if the magnet is larger.) When you wind the windows down, they are designed to fit into the recess in the door, but if that recess is suddenly filled by a stonking great JBL magnet for instance, the window will come down so far and hit it. Or scrape it. Or vibrate against it. Some people have large Speakers and don't wind their windows down too far because of it, most people make a spacer out of MDF or buy a pre-made one that fits between the speaker and the door and brings the speaker further into the cabin so less of it is inside the door recess.

I seem to recall that 48mm depth is OK, beyond that and you could run into problems with the speaker fouling the window. I'm also not sure how far out into the cabin a speaker can be pushed before it too starts fouling on the door card. I'll measure these dimensions when I do mine.

There was a post on here about Dynamat alternatives, try search :)

thanks for the replies. I shall do some research 2nyt.

Much appreciated.

nice car simmy! :thumbsup:

try e dead, much cheaper than dynamat, i'm going to get some in the next couple of weeks.

Usually you can get it from eBay, but the seller hasn't had it on there for the last week or so, but I did find 1 website that sells it at the same price.

http://www.edaudio.com/store/product_info....;products_id=40

It's the e dead original 2 you need

thats spot on mate cheers!

I love bass but I hate annoying rattles!

do i just stick it to the door, cut a whole for my speaker, slot the speaker in and then screw my Speakers in?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links