Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Owners Not Aknowledging Each Other!

JappyBeast

Proper gripes me.

You might think this is a personal rant but, like when I owned a mini, I feel that fellow MR2 drivers should at least give the nod as you pass. I think the MR2 is an enthusiasts car and should be noticed by other MR2 drivers, its not like its the most common car on the road.

Does everyone else get the nod and its just me because I have a rediculous coloured car?!..lol.

I get the feeling that there are a lot of people out there who just think of it as an A to B car!

I usually nod or wave to Mk2 owners.

And sometimes to Gen 5 Celica owners too, because I forget that I've not got the Celica any more.

Usually get a wave back either way.

Most of them dont even make eye contact at me!!

Could it be them not recognising the car due to the bodykit??!

Are you feeling a little unloved Andy? :lol:

:lol:

Get a MkIII if you want to see, or not see any kind of acknowledgment on the road. I gave up waving to other Roadsters years ago, there was even a woman at the top of our road with one and after a couple of times letting on to her and getting the reaction that I was something she scraped off her shoe, I didn't bother any more

*Thinks* maybe it's because I'm a pr*ck and don't give a toss :rolleyes: *Thinks* :lol:

i got waves all the time... from Probe drivers... :huh:

:D

I may have waved at a Ford before; when they're heading towards you at speed they do look somewhat similar.

Also when I had the Boxster most fellow owners would wave, but occasionally I'd wave to a 911 driver by mistake and get that special look they reserve for drivers of inferior Porsches.

Yeah, I always thought that'd happen when I bought my 1st car but having tried for a while in my Yaris I gave up on the idea altogether, I've never really tried in a Golf because I just thought I was wrong in thinking that people would let on because of my car. I've become cynical in my old age & now just think that most other drivers are :censor:

I'm going to wave at all MR2 drivers now!! See what kind of reaction i get!!

I saw a really nice MR2 mkII on the M6 last week, silver, got full body kit, got off at JCT 10..Wolves any idea if the owner is registered on this site?

They must have really loved their car because they didnt go above 60 and out of middle lane!!! haha :lol: :P

x

If I saw a MR2 I would flash my lights, thing is since I got mine I have never passed one yet!! (When I didnt have one I passed loads lol)

Bikers, Mini and classic VW drivers do this - not really come across it widespread in more modern cars though.

Get yourself another Mini - Go on - you know you want to !

they didnt go above 60 and out of middle lane!!! haha :lol: :P

That's 1 of the most annoying things in the world

I hear you Jappy...it really narks the hell out of me too when you flash, nod or wave at fellow MR2 drivers and get nothing back.

It really makes my day when they do it to me first though. :P

I was on the M62 last week, minding my own business in a world of my own and was really miffed that someone tooted their horn, next thing I know our Fizzy is driving past with a huge smile, waving at me. :)

9/10 times I acknowledge other mr2 drivers, mainly MK1 and MKII.'s to be honest because I just don't think MKIII owners get the whole pop up light attraction.....but in the past I have waved at probes and 1 old style porche :lol: (But in my defense it was a stunning example) :ph34r::unsure:

I saw you last night at the same spot at the same time again but heading the opposite direction... :lol:

yay, but we have to stop meeting like this...or peeps will talk :lol:

If you still had your 2 we could be ships passing in the night :D :arrgg-matey:

I get nods and waves all the time! Of course I start it off first otherwise we just drive past each other

I flashed a red 2 this morning, I didn't even get a smile, wave or or a nod in return , the ignorant son of a smitch :angry: really peeved me!!!!

I flashed a red 2 this morning, I didn't even get a smile, wave or or a nod in return , the ignorant son of a smitch :angry: really peeved me!!!!

Wasn't me; mine's been wrapped up in the garage all day to protect it from the hail storms.

I tend to wave rather than flash the lights too; when I first got a car with pop up lights it was really tempting to flash the lights all the time, but it's so easy for someone else to mistake your flash to the MR2 or Celica going the other way as a "yes you can pull out right in front of me".

• 2 weeks later...

you know, ive never done it... :(

a) im hardly ever in my 2..lol

and

B) cause 90% wouldnt wave bk.lol

but know, after this thread.. i might just start doing it and see what happens... :)

I have confidence in you mr2 owners out there!! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links