Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thiving B**ards

whitehead

Hi guys a woman from work owns a yaris, she got broke into this morning.... apparently they have ripped the immobaliser out

does any1 know :

cost to repair?

are they programmed to the ECU?

any help on this one will help im handy with cars but i think this one maybe out of my league

cheers :)

Welcome.

Hm, could be expensive as there will be work to re-sync the keys to the immobiliser; may even require new keys which will get very expensive.

Her insurance will pay for it though - or o

Is that the only damage?

If she's paying herself then the best option may be to get a good CAT1 alarm and immobiliser fitted by an installer. I paid £200 for a Toad Alarm recently and that included installation and removal of the old broken alarm. and it has remote central locking.

Good luck.

The car doesnt have a seperate immobiliser as such, it has a chipped key which is programmed into the ECU, they may have ripped out the ignition switch in a bid to hotwire it, but that wouldnt work. You need professional advice to see what damage has been done, and get an estimate for repair

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sorry 2 hear about this. Hope it gets sorted.

I bet they got in the car and realised how nice it was therefore thinking he couldnt do that to the poor owner!

I didnt know Yaris's had immobilisers?

I really wish I knew more about my car so help explain and understand stuff like this.

Is there any sites or places where I can go 2 get info about my car?

yaris T sport 51 plate. P1

Sorry for thread hi-jack.

Thanks guys appreciated

thats all the damage i know from what shes told me

oh and i had heard bad thing from another member on my :censor: ford :censor: forum so all will be put right about this owners club it was in the celica section though....

I didn’t think cars had immobilisers as such (as in a separate unit) I thought it was all built into the ECU like Parts-King said.

It’s a Toyota job. I don’t even know why they try and steal a Yaris; if you haven’t got the keys it’s going no where :thumbsup:

I bet they got in the car and realised how nice it was therefore thinking he couldnt do that to the poor owner!

I really wish I knew more about my car so help explain and understand stuff like this.

if you ask me heres one of your best places to start i taught myself about car audio talking to one member and simple reseach on the internet :thumbsup:

I didn’t think cars had immobilisers as such (as in a separate unit) I thought it was all built into the ECU like Parts-King said.

It’s a Toyota job. I don’t even know why they try and steal a Yaris; if you haven’t got the keys it’s going no where :thumbsup:

exactly what i said to her when she bought it! why take a yaris when a mk5 ford fiestas sat next to it ?! :blink:

Yer I did all my car audio from a yaris forum a few years ago, and im happy to pass on what I know here.

People here are very helpful.

Mucho Gracias

Parkers is a good place to start, just find the right model, I'd find & post the link but I'm a bit busy now but I'm sure you'll find it

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys a woman from work owns a yaris, she got broke into this morning.... apparently they have ripped the immobaliser out

does any1 know :

cost to repair?

are they programmed to the ECU?

any help on this one will help im handy with cars but i think this one maybe out of my league

cheers :)

Yeah, the immobiliser is in the ignition. No key, no start!

I am aware that if you lose your keys, you need new locks, ignition, ecu etc and this is in the 12 to 15 hundred quid area. Not sure if ignition is replaceable seperately so insurance claim is best option!

Should be dealt with under theft as it seems that was the intent! Why cant the little fornicators leave other peoples property alone?:angry:

the imobiliser doesnt work if u got a getReddy ECU like my mate flabbery earpl

I think you stop dreaming of earpl and ruining everyones threads by posting irrelevant rubbish......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links