Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Idle Problems

scotty9991

I've recently just bought my Yaris 1.0 VVT-i T2 on a '03 plate. Everything is absolutely brilliant about it apart from 1 thing.... When the car is idling (either when cold or hot), it will idle correctly, then the revs will drop to a point where the car starts to judder and struggles to tick over. At this point the engine will either stall completely, or pick up quickly to about 1,300rpm and then drop dow to normal correct idle before dropping again until it judders etc... it will continue on this cycle until the engine stalls and I restart the engine, then it all happens again. Has anyone else experienced these problems or know how to fix it? My initial thoughts are that the idle control valve will need replacing, however I understand that the diesel version of the Yaris doesn't have one so I'm not sure if the pertol one does or not? Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks, Scott

Iv seen this happen on a few other cars but not a Yaris, but my initial thoughts are because of the cold? I maybe wrong.

i would say it could probably be the air mass metre. But i have only can across it once. gd luck.

Thanks for your replies. I've seen this on a few other cars as well, but trying to get information on the net for any problems regarding a yaris seems difficult, more than likely due to problems being so rare on the yaris. I cleaned the throttle body out as it was full of crud and that seems to have cured the problem! Not only are problems rare on these cars, but they're cheap to fix when they do happen! Woo hoo!

Could it be the spark plugs? My first car was a Fiesta (yeah yeah I know, don't say anything :lol:) and it had that problem - it kept dropping so low it would stall sometimes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links